Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Captain

Default The Sanctuary on the Golden Princess

Hi Hi Cruise Mates. I'm trying to decide if I want to budget time in The Sanctuary. I'll be on her for a Hawaii 14 day in March. ??? Opinions please.

Carol :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Familiar Face

We never tried the Sanctuary, but did purchase the couple's pass to the spa. I believe it was $145 per couple for the week and gave us unlimited use of the saunas, spa pool and the stone beds. The stone bed was so relaxing, I kept nodding off.

I'm sure the spa pass is higher for a longer cruise. If interested, you'll need to purchase it the first day because they sell a limited number.

Pixie Dust
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust
We never tried the Sanctuary, but did purchase the couple's pass to the spa. I believe it was $145 per couple for the week and gave us unlimited use of the saunas, spa pool and the stone beds. The stone bed was so relaxing, I kept nodding off.

I'm sure the spa pass is higher for a longer cruise. If interested, you'll need to purchase it the first day because they sell a limited number.

Pixie Dust
Again thank you Pixie Dust. I had planned to buy a couple of spa certificates. My way of pre paying for the services. So I will check into this right away. Now I have 3 things to do after Nicole and I board. Buy a Coffee Card, Soda Card/Stamp and now a Spa Pass... This is why I love these boards... great ideas just keep surfacing.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 4th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Familiar Face

I suggest trying the coffee before you buy the card - we were not impressed.
Santuary on Ruby was amazing - but $180 pp for the entire cruise - so we did the $10 half day option.
Also - note that at the Art Auctions they auctioned off a spa package for a really cheap rate - $50 for a facial and a massage - great value!
Everyone who accepted the $50 rate could take up the offer :-)
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules in Sydney
I suggest trying the coffee before you buy the card - we were not impressed.
Santuary on Ruby was amazing - but $180 pp for the entire cruise - so we did the $10 half day option.
Also - note that at the Art Auctions they auctioned off a spa package for a really cheap rate - $50 for a facial and a massage - great value!
Everyone who accepted the $50 rate could take up the offer :-)
Hi,
Thanks bunches for the suggestions and the tip about the $50 spa rate at the auction. And I will check out the coffee before buying the card.

Happy Cruising
Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:13 AM
First Mate

It was too cold to use the Santuary in Alaska this last week but when we were in the Caribbean lots of people really enjoyed the chairs and beverages and special lunches they served. Last week in Alaska we bought a coffee card at our embarkation lunch then discovered a two for one coupon in our room ( part of a coupon discount pack sent by our TA) we went back to the bar that our receipt was issued from and received our send coffee card for free. Next time we decided to check for coupons before we buy the cards. They also really screwed up our charges they double charged us for the coffee cards and they charged us for 2 coke cards that we never bought. We went to the pursers desk and they checked all the receipts could not find receipts for the charges and then they send a request to the bar to check for charges and we did in the end get our credits for the charges. The staff worked to get it staightened out but do check your bills regularly as mistakes do happen.

Sweet Regards
Carol
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymaker
It was too cold to use the Santuary in Alaska this last week but when we were in the Caribbean lots of people really enjoyed the chairs and beverages and special lunches they served. Last week in Alaska we bought a coffee card at our embarkation lunch then discovered a two for one coupon in our room ( part of a coupon discount pack sent by our TA) we went back to the bar that our receipt was issued from and received our send coffee card for free. Next time we decided to check for coupons before we buy the cards. They also really screwed up our charges they double charged us for the coffee cards and they charged us for 2 coke cards that we never bought. We went to the pursers desk and they checked all the receipts could not find receipts for the charges and then they send a request to the bar to check for charges and we did in the end get our credits for the charges. The staff worked to get it staightened out but do check your bills regularly as mistakes do happen.

Sweet Regards
Carol
Hi Carol,
Thank you so much. I was planning to get the coffee card first thing. And I think my friend is too. So we will wait to check any coupons in our cabin first. Keep those tips coming. Did you have a balcony cabin? Would love to see a picture if you have one.

Carol :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:15 AM
First Mate

Hi Carol,

It is me again. We did not have a balcony. We have in the past but unless we get a fantastic deal we like an inside. For us traveling from Western Canada our air is expensive and the difference between a inside and a balcony is the air fare. We had a balcony on our trip to Hawaii and found that sea days we were not able to us the balcony much. Really enjoyed it for the island days.

Sweet Regards
Carol
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Captain

Hi Again Carol. I'm with you. I would make the same choice you did too. And with the way they make it look like you have a window you don't miss the balcony. We are in California so we may even take a road trip and drive to Los Angeles. Or we will get rt air on Southwest for around $100-$150. If I had top pay high air I'd do the inside too. Keep your tips coming. Love it.

Hugs,
Carol:-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to teeny25
Default Im a little confused about the Santuary

Please help me. What excactly does the Santuary include? The one question I cannot find an answer too is Is the swim against the current pool in the Santuary? Do you have to pay to use it and Is the gym a part too or separate? I am so confused!
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
First Mate

Please help me. What excactly does the Santuary include? The one question I cannot find an answer too is Is the swim against the current pool in the Santuary? Do you have to pay to use it and Is the gym a part too or separate? I am so confused!

The sanctuary is just a place to relax. The swim against the current is not in the sanctuary it is right next to the spa. There is not any charge for the pool, the gym is seperate. I hope this helps you.

Grant
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to teeny25

Thank you! You definately cleared up my confusion. I am very happy to hear this