Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Captain

Default My fav places to go in Hawaii

It sounds silly but when we go to Maui we head first for Maui. I love fresh flower leis and the best place to get a thick pretty lei is at Costco. You can also get other thing that you don't normally find at mainland Costco stores. So if you are renting a car to see the island it's a good stop to make.

Honolulu- 2 places make me hungry just thinking about it. One is Leonards Bakery for Hot Malasadas. It is down near the end closer to the Zoo. A local fav.

#2 is Puka Dog--- OMG Last year we saw this place on the Food Network. We didn't find it until the day before we left. Wish we had found it earlier. It is located in the rear enterance of the International Market Place. OMG you need to taste to believe. It's a bun that only has one opening they put in these hawaiian mustards and relishes then put the dog in. In the words of Rachael Ray...YUM-O!

And Lapperts Ice Cream is a must.

Ohau - If you are driving around the island. Near the Polynesian Cultural Center there is a place that is a local favorite. We heard about it in the SF Chronical. Giovanni's Famous Shrimp Trucks. They sell 3 types of shrimp Lemon Butter, Scampi and Hot. The trucks are covered with graffiti but they are permenant. Nice outdoor covered area with a lot of tables. Get there before noon because it fill up with locals fast. You get 12 large shrimp in your favorite sauce and 2 scoop rice. YUM-O!
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, those all sound so yummy....Almost a good enough reason to get to Hawaii:-)

Message Boards Moderator