CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Plus Size cruise clothes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/367630-plus-size-cruise-clothes.html)

huffca September 2nd, 2009 08:55 PM

Plus Size cruise clothes

Ok... as you can see from my picture I am a plus size lady. I was thinking about finding some new cruise/resort clothes for vacation. Other than the usual Romans and Lane Bryant. I have one place that I really love. does anyone know a store that is online with quality plus size cloths. The store I am recommending is:

Making it Big they can be found at
http://www.makingitbig.com

Makiing it Big has beautiful clothes for plus and plus plus size ladies. Even some pretty swim suits.

So please what is your recommendation??

Parrot Mom September 2nd, 2009 10:46 PM

PLUS SIZE CLOTHES

Try Pennys...Kohl, (on line) and others on line... right now with the end of the summer season... there should be much on sale.. Just bought some at Liz Claiborne, but the sizes run screwy.. and even at the lowest size I might take everything is baggy. I do agree with 'QUALITY".. it just aint there anymore.. What I do..lol.is order two sizes..and whatever doesnt fit.. I return.. it works. I hate trying things on in the stores.. We are fortunate we live near two large outlets.. one has a great bathing suit shop.. When I've gone into Lane Bryant.outlet...Ive run lately into a few bargains.. especially long skirts.. I refuse to buy from the large size catalogs because of the quality...see what Macys has in their plus size.. on sale.. being the magic word.. I feel your pain/aggravation....

huffca September 2nd, 2009 11:18 PM

Re: PLUS SIZE CLOTHES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
Try Pennys...Kohl, (on line) and others on line... right now with the end of the summer season... there should be much on sale.. Just bought some at Liz Claiborne, but the sizes run screwy.. and even at the lowest size I might take everything is baggy. I do agree with 'QUALITY".. it just aint there anymore.. What I do..lol.is order two sizes..and whatever doesnt fit.. I return.. it works. I hate trying things on in the stores.. We are fortunate we live near two large outlets.. one has a great bathing suit shop.. When I've gone into Lane Bryant.outlet...Ive run lately into a few bargains.. especially long skirts.. I refuse to buy from the large size catalogs because of the quality...see what Macys has in their plus size.. on sale.. being the magic word.. I feel your pain/aggravation....

Thank you all great ideas. I totally forgot about Kohls and we have one in the area now.

:-)

Parrot Mom September 2nd, 2009 11:36 PM

Plus SIZE CLOTHES

Checked out the place you mentioned.. it is for basically extended plus sizes, but I did see some lovely, lovely outfits, mainly tops.. Somebody says that Steins has a big section. .We are fortunate we have TJ Maxx and Marshalls (which are basically the same company) that have larger sizes.. I have learned to hate shopping in and out of the stores..lol.. there was a Sag Harbor in the area, but has since closed, but I undersand Kohls has a large selection of that brand and other quality plus size brands.. I just haven't been in the local one yet..

huffca September 2nd, 2009 11:41 PM

Re: Plus SIZE CLOTHES

Quote:

Checked out the place you mentioned.. it is for basically extended plus sizes, but I did see some lovely, lovely outfits, mainly tops.. Somebody says that Steins has a big section. .We are fortunate we have TJ Maxx and Marshalls (which are basically the same company) that have larger sizes.. I have learned to hate shopping in and out of the stores..lol.. there was a Sag Harbor in the area, but has since closed, but I undersand Kohls has a large selection of that brand and other quality plus size brands.. I just haven't been in the local one yet..

Hi Parrot Mom
Making it big does have the very large sizes. At one time I weighed over 400 and I could get stylish and natural fiber clothes from them. It's easier now. I'm under 300 and loving being able to got to places like Kohls. I haven't recently tried TJ Max or Marshalls... I'll give them a try. Thanks. :-)

Parrot Mom September 2nd, 2009 11:58 PM

SIZES

How about a Macys... you probably need a 3X still.. My niece just had the stomach stapling surgery.. and if I were younger I would have it or the elastic.. I haven't asked where she bought... Oh.. check out o line.. Catherines.. the upscale of Lane Bryant.. I'll check it out too. Remember...no matter what size.. as long as you feel confident in your clothes and wearing them.. the hell with everybody else..lol

Just did and they have some fabulous tops.. even an animal p rint...whoopee

huffca September 3rd, 2009 12:24 AM

Re: SIZES

Quote:

How about a Macys... you probably need a 3X still.. My niece just had the stomach stapling surgery.. and if I were younger I would have it or the elastic.. I haven't asked where she bought... Oh.. check out o line.. Catherines.. the upscale of Lane Bryant.. I'll check it out too. Remember...no matter what size.. as long as you feel confident in your clothes and wearing them.. the hell with everybody else..lol

Just did and they have some fabulous tops.. even an animal p rint...whoopee

Thank you... yes still a 3 x and if the clothes are made small a 4x. But I'm so happy. I had a big wake up call with the "C" word about 8 years ago. I decided I wanted to start living life. I've had my ups and downs but I'm not giving up this time. I will check out Catherines online. Thanks bunches.

Trip September 3rd, 2009 07:48 PM

http://www.womanwithin.com/?affiliat...d=01&WT.srch=1

Here is another to catch some clothes to cruise in;)

huffca September 3rd, 2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
http://www.womanwithin.com/?affiliat...d=01&WT.srch=1

Here is another to catch some clothes to cruise in;)

Thank you I'm checking out all leads. I especially enjoy a sale...doesn't every woman???