Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Captain

Default Do you SCRAPBOOK your cruise adventure?

I take so many pictures on a cruise.... especially with digital. And I'm excited because I'm taking my computer this trip. I'm going to Create a Creative Memories Story Book during the cruise. Then I'm going to upload it when I get home and have it printed. Creative Memories Photo Center is so fast. The last one I made took only 4 days to arrive in my mail box. I love digital scrapbooking. Then when I get home I'll start a traditional scrapbook. It will be complete with momentos like tickets and stuff. If you are interested I have a Creative Memories web site. *edited for commercial ad* they just came out with some great new products. And one of the new products is Travel. Any other scrapbookers out there?
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Passenger

I use ScrapBlog (scrapblog.com) for mine. I am not a traditional scrap booker, however. ScrapBlog allows for a lot of customization. You can use basic templates, backgrounds and stickers for free, buy additional "name" supplies for a fee, share the book digitally with friends (or the ScrapBlog community) and have it printed. I have tried a lot of the digital scrap booking services (My Publisher, etc) and like this one the best. I have printed two hard copies with them and two soft copies since I started using the service and have been very pleased with the quality.

Here is our trip to Mexico on the Dawn Princess in 2007. We just got back from our trip on the Golden to Alaska and I am now downloading all 600 photos...

http://www.scrapblog.com/viewer/viewer.aspx?sbid=449624

Old September 5th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuuzer
I use ScrapBlog (scrapblog.com) for mine. I am not a traditional scrap booker, however. ScrapBlog allows for a lot of customization. You can use basic templates, backgrounds and stickers for free, buy additional "name" supplies for a fee, share the book digitally with friends (or the ScrapBlog community) and have it printed. I have tried a lot of the digital scrap booking services (My Publisher, etc) and like this one the best. I have printed two hard copies with them and two soft copies since I started using the service and have been very pleased with the quality.

Here is our trip to Mexico on the Dawn Princess in 2007. We just got back from our trip on the Golden to Alaska and I am now downloading all 600 photos...

Just took a look at your scrapblog. Very nice. I use the Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 I really like the digital in addition to the traditional stuff. You are a great photographer. I'd love to see your pictures of the Golden. That will be my first Princess cruise in March. When I did Alaska it was on Carnival w/Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose group. It was awesome. I know what you mean about your 600 pix I must have taken at least that many.

Have a great weekend.

Carol
http://www.scrapblog.com/viewer/viewer.aspx?sbid=449624

7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to teeny25
Default I scrapbooked mine but..

I went a little overboard! From the cost of picture developing to all the cool embellishments to the albums I spent about the same amount I could on another cruise price Scrapbook albums are a great way to remember your trips though and people like to look at them more than just a plain boring photo album. Tropicalscrapbooking.com has some great scrapbooking products. I ordered through them and they delivered fast and I was happy with what I ordered. Here are my tips for scrabooking on a budget:
1. Shop around. Never pay full price for even a $4 Jolee embellishment. Craft stores always have sales from %20-%50. Check the clearance aisles I found some great items to use.
2. Check second hand stores.. I get all my scrapbook items there and have never paid for than $7 for one that is 20-30 in a scrapbook store. Plus I often find enbellishments and ribbon cheap to use.
3. Save itmes from your trip like the Daily Planner, shells from islands. I even save brocures and the little fact/island safety cards some isalnds give. Coins are great too if you pay US currency and get the country's currency as change.
4. My largest saver though is unlike most scrapbookers I put as many pictures as I can on one page. This may be trimming off the bankground of my pictures but oh well. I never understood how people spend $10-20 dollars on one scrapbook page and it only has one picture on it so that by the time you fill a scrapbook you've spent too much money and only have a few pictures in the book, but that's just me.
I love to scrapbook my vacations though and it helps pass time until my next one. My advice is just don't get too carried away like I did
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I work in a small complex of shops, Once when I went to toss some trash in our communal trash bin, I opened the door, I saw a box filled to the brim with ribbons. One shop was, I guess, stopping their sundry department, and, I was the lucky recipient of this major find!!I almost kicked my heels

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator