Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Beginner

Default Balconies on Dolphin Deck

Hi, Our cabin is D406 on The Golden Princess. Is there any privacy or is the balcony completely open?
Thanks in anticipation.
John
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Familiar Face

We were in D725 and the balcony was almost totally open to the cabins above us. There was just a small overhang from above. This didn't bother us but some like more privacy on their balcony.
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Atlanta_Cruiser
Default Re: Balconies on Dolphin Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntrom
Hi, Our cabin is D406 on The Golden Princess. Is there any privacy or is the balcony completely open?
Thanks in anticipation.
John
Hi John,

I was on the Caribbean Princess on the Dolphin Deck. I was very unsure about it and thought maybe I should change, but I didn't. I am gald I did not. It ended up being a bigger size deck and I enjoyed the sun. But yes, people can look down but we never noticed lots of people on their decks unless it was port day or departure day. Come to think about it, we actually had a great time meeting people on departure day and kidding around with them. There is no privacy, but like the other reply, it never really bothered us. Plus, most people don't hang out on their decks looking down.

-Cory
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Beginner

Hi John,

We were on the Dolphin deck on both the Diamond and Golden, and really enjoyed our balcony. Because Alaska was our destination, we spent a lot of time on our balcony enjoying the sights. We never felt "exposed", and even enjoyed breakfast outside one morning as well. Our entire family has booked another Alaska cruise (7 rooms) for next summer, and each one is again located on the Dolphin deck.

J Osheel