Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Golden Princess experiences?

Sailing on Feb 28, 2010, 14 day Hawaiian Island cruise and will be in C618. I have been researching and it seems this deck might have its draw backs. Can anyone shed some info on this deck good or bad and just the overall experience on the Golden Princess and this cruise in general. I am not sure which excursions in Honolulu any suggestions on ships excursions.
Been on Carnival (7days) and NCL (11days) so this is not our first cruise just first on princess.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Let me preface this post with saying, you have selected a wonderful cruise, and 14 days is awesome! My experience on the Golden was that this ship has a very choppy layout, and was a bit confusing..That said, you will have loads more time to get comfy on this ship, and I can be sure your cruise to Hawaii, will be all good

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Captain

I really hated the overall layout in '06 but will be back on her this Spring to Hawaii too!
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the replies. Both have said the lay out is not the best. what is wrong???
thanks
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Captain

I think it was just the flow of getting from point "A" to "B" to "C" plus the gym workout machines seemed very crammed together (hope drydock upgraded that aspect). And some ships are just more "user friendly" than others, even within the same company.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Passenger

To get to the canneletto Dining room on deck 6 you have to go to the elrvators ar the rear of the ship there are two elevators rhat will go to deck 6 if y0u go to deck 6 from the middle or bow elevators you cannot get aft If you can use stairs tou can go yo deck 7 and then go down a flight of stairs, but I am wheelchair bound so that was not an option.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks again for replies. I think the same could be said on NCL regarding the dinning rooms. One was on one end and the other was on the other end and neither were easy to get to sound similar to the Golden. I guess we will have enough time to explore and find our way around. Any comments on the Caribe Deck???
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Passenger

the Golden Princess is a wonderful ship with the best staff I have ever seen. If you are lucky enough to get Jefrey Subito or Juan Carlos as your waiter or Alfred Mendoza as your cabin attendant you will beblessed
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Familiar Face

Again thanks for the info and the names.
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Familiar Face

Cruiser 209: We had C527 on the Golden to Alaska. Loved the balcony and location. The balcony on this deck is very large: half covered and half open to the decks above. We experienced a few days of rain on this cruise, but never missed a day of sitting out on the balcony. When it rained, we moved to the covered part and continued enjoying the scenery. You'll love this deck!
Old October 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Captain

Pixie Dust. I just bumped up a post I have on the Golden. It has lots of great info. I'm really excited about my first Princess cruise which will be on the Golden. Hope you find some of what you are looking for here.

Carol :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Admiral

We loved our experience on the Golden Princess, especially Neputnes Reef Pool, it is so nice to have that shallow area where you can just sit in the water and relax with a nice cool beverage. The Golden is big ship but with a small ship feel if that makes sense, the layout may seem choppy or confusing to some but i like not having to walk down miles and miles of hallways
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK
We loved our experience on the Golden Princess, especially Neputnes Reef Pool, it is so nice to have that shallow area where you can just sit in the water and relax with a nice cool beverage. The Golden is big ship but with a small ship feel if that makes sense, the layout may seem choppy or confusing to some but i like not having to walk down miles and miles of hallways
Thank you Lisa. That sounds sooo nice. I'm looking forward to it more each day!
Carol :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Familiar Face

I found the Golden lacking in public sitting area's. Unless one sat in a lounge area or bar, there was very few seats to sit and look out he window or people watch. Plus they stuck the men's and womens steam room and sauna outside? Big enough to sit maybe 6 people each. Makes no sense on a ship this size.