CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   alaska coral princess august 2010 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/369069-alaska-coral-princess-august-2010-a.html)

mike&sue October 27th, 2009 05:24 PM

alaska coral princess august 2010

would august 23 or aug 9 be a better choice as far as weather goes? seriously thinking of 23 but husband is concerned about weather getting colder by them. any suggestions? would be arriving in fairbanks for land tour followed by cruise.

Nurse Debra October 27th, 2009 06:14 PM

Re: alaska coral princess august 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike&sue
would august 23 or aug 9 be a better choice as far as weather goes? seriously thinking of 23 but husband is concerned about weather getting colder by them. any suggestions? would be arriving in fairbanks for land tour followed by cruise.

Hi Mike and Sue,

I would probably go for the cruise on August 9. The weather in Alaska is always unpredictable but when you get into September you are getting to the raining season in Alaska. That said, since you are taking your land tour before your cruise and it would end just before September if there is a big price difference, then that would influence my decision.

On any cruise to Alaska be sure to always dress in layers and take along good rain gear. Enjoy the beauty of Alaska.

We have sailed twice on the Coral to Alaska twice and it is a beautiful ship.

Debra

mike&sue October 28th, 2009 08:37 AM

Thankyou for your help. Is there a covered pool on Coral? I've heard of retractable pool coverings and was hoping we'd be able to sit by the pool some of the time.

mtdnk January 24th, 2010 04:44 AM

Hi,
Am doing the same tour 6/1-6/12/10. Land first, then cruise. So excited!

Kamloops Cruiser February 6th, 2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike&sue (Post 1256003)
Thankyou for your help. Is there a covered pool on Coral? I've heard of retractable pool coverings and was hoping we'd be able to sit by the pool some of the time.

Just got off the Coral. They have two pools on the Lido Deck.
One has a rectracalbe roof . The other a fix roof.
The fixed one is supposed to be "Adult's Only" except om
our cruise families where allowed in for two three hour periods everyday.:???:

gardener46 February 19th, 2010 09:02 PM

Also on Coral to Alaska

We are on the Coral July 10, out of Vancouver and ending in Fairbanks--would like any advice on excursions --ship's or on own? Seating open or set? A Good ,not too expensive hotel in Vancouver?

Fern February 19th, 2010 09:28 PM

Hello, Gardener! (I'd suggest that you post this question on it's own.)
We love the Anytime Dining, but other's have a different opinion. We like it because we don't have to be anywhere at any time. We can go out and explore the port and not have to worry about getting back for dinner.

I don't know what you consider "expensive" for a hotel (it really does depend on where you live and what you're used to). We stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Vancouver and it was very nice.

My only other advice would be that you MUST take a whale watching tour (ship's or independent). While the whole cruise was wonderful, this excursion was something I'll never forget.

gardener46 February 20th, 2010 12:19 PM

Best whale viewing

Thanks for reply.:D Which port would you recommend for whale excursion? We take trips to see & do things . Any suggestions for land tour part?

Fern February 20th, 2010 08:18 PM

We took the ship's whale watching tour in Juneau. It was the best excursion we've ever taken. There were so many whales around us that the boat's Captain had to move the boat around to keep the "legal" distance between us and the whales :D! We even saw a baby whale with it's mother!

We haven't done the land tour (yet!) so I can't help there, but someone else probably will :) .

gardener46 February 22nd, 2010 08:15 AM

Thanks

I will be checking out your suggestions on what to see on the cruise part of this trip.