Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Beginner

Default Princess Employment-could use some advice

I was offered a position with Princess less than a month ago. I completed all the papers and have gone through the background check, the medical, and the dental. I advised them I would be ready for hire this week.

Since that time I learned that they do not have a position for me and are putting me on standby. This is my first cruise assignment. Have I been mothballed? How long can "standby" take?

Thank you for reading this posting. I'm very grateful for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I'm glad to see that you have also posted this on the "Crewmembers" forum. You will probably receive more answers there than here. Most of the folks on this board are customers and not crew.

Best of luck to you and I hope you start your contract very soon.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
First Mate

I really hope you get the job. We have been on many cruises, and I love talking to the crew about there contracts. Good luck.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have heard of this happening more and more lately - be glad that you were accepted, if you were not they would not lie to you. The call could come any day, believeme, I have been there.

I have had three different cruise contracts and two of them were "last minute" out of the clear blue sky. I was actually told I would be boarding on a certain date and was called up early both times.

This is a different economy, though, and word is that people are not leaving their cruise ships jobs as fast as they used to - they don't want to take a chance on not being able to find other work on land. Plus, fewer ships are coming out now than before.

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default good luck

If you thank you will love this job give it some time it will happen. good luck to U. Poppadock