Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Default Changing a guarantee room?

I booked an inside cabin category KK guarantee on the Emerald Princess for 1/10/2010. When I logged in to cruise personalizer I noticed that I was changed to category II and moved up to the Riviera deck. I have been assigned a cabin number as well. What are the chances that this will remain our cabin? In all the reading I have been doing about guarantees, some say that they are assigned a room and then changed to another. Just seeing if I should plan on that being our stateroom, or if I should expect it to change again in the next few weeks and not be finalized until we actually get on the ship. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've booked guarantee catagories a few times and at least for me, once I am assigned a cabin its always been that one. Others have had different expierences, but for now, count on that cabin. Its always possible to change again.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Admiral

As per Donna's reply, once the cabin/stateroom has been assigned, it it highly unlikely to change. We always try & book guaranteed grade & have yet to have a room changed once it has been assigned.

Have a great time,
Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Default Wouldn't you know it .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
As per Donna's reply, once the cabin/stateroom has been assigned, it it highly unlikely to change. We always try & book guaranteed grade & have yet to have a room changed once it has been assigned.

Have a great time,
Alan & Katrina
Well, wouldn't you know it .....
Having posted out reply the other day, what goes & happens, Cunard have given us a second upgrade :o we're both surprised & delighted, but how typical it happens within a couple of days of saying "it never happens".

Alan
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Admiral

We have booked "guaranteed" cabins a number of times, maybe ten times or so. Once assigned, our cabins have never been changed, upgraded, or downgraded.But it is possible!
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to westcoastguy

Consider yourself very lucky. your almost at the top , you'll feel less caustrophobic and easier to get to the lido deck where the sun and buffets are. you'll get less noise too if the seas are rough.
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Beginner

Luck of the draw. I've been told. Most of the time once assigned they don't change. However with a gaurantee cabin it can change up to the time you board.