Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default New Zealand/Australia 12/22/09

We're going on Diamond Princess 12/20/09 to New Zealand and Australia. Has anyone been on this type of cruise before? Shore excursions? Weather very hot?? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Beginner

We did this cruise in November and December, weather was cool, anywhere from 60 degrees to 75 degrees. We were told it was unseasonably cool spring for them (on both New Zealand and Australia) We would do the cruise again1 Throughly enjoyed it, what ports of call will you be doing?
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcruising View Post
We did this cruise in November and December, weather was cool, anywhere from 60 degrees to 75 degrees. We were told it was unseasonably cool spring for them (on both New Zealand and Australia) We would do the cruise again1 Throughly enjoyed it, what ports of call will you be doing?
We land in Auckland, and next ports in New Zealand are Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, cruise around Fjordland Natl Park, then Tasmania. In Australia we go to Phillip Island, Melbourne, and Syndey. From there we fly to Cairns to begin a 4 day Great Barrier Reef tour. Can't wait!

Any suggestions on what kinds of clothes to bring? Are formal nights really formal? I really would like to cut down on luggage -- I always pack too much, and then my hubbie gets annoyed with me for all the extra weight.

Do you remember an shore excursions that were memorable? I'd appreciate any help.