Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Oasis-RC

Oasis of the sea-Royal Caribbean Would u sail on her ? :evil:
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I sure would!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I'm not sure why this is on the Princess folder.

If you are trying to compare Princess to Oasis, I think you would have to say they are somewhat different animals.

I think Oasis is for younger people who want more sports activities. Princess is more for people who want to travel to more exotic destinations in comfort and who want more personalized service.

Oasis is a GREAT SHIP. I sailed on her last week and I am going back on Monday, but I am not sure Princess devotees would appreciate her as much as say the average Carnival or NCL cruiser would.

Old November 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Overbroad

Paul just a subject of conversation on more on less, & yes I do cruise on the princess line.
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Default Cruising on Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I'm not sure why this is on the Princess folder.

If you are trying to compare Princess to Oasis, I think you would have to say they are somewhat different animals.

I think Oasis is for younger people who want more sports activities. Princess is more for people who want to travel to more exotic destinations in comfort and who want more personalized service.

Oasis is a GREAT SHIP. I sailed on her last week and I am going back on Monday, but I am not sure Princess devotees would appreciate her as much as say the average Carnival or NCL cruiser would.
Just so happens our friends are cruising overnight on the Oasis Monday.. As for activities..the only reason I would not cruise her.. is she is too large..but with reading your posts.. looks interesting..
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Captain

Default Is this not the Princess board?

Paul,

Clearly this thread has no purpose on the Princess board, other than as an advertising technique for Royal Caribbean.

Just an observation, why was this thread not placed where it belongs - ON THE RCL BOARD?

While it was deemed necessary, by some, to close a thread comparing Princess to Celebrity, which did point our the recurring propulsion problems on Celebrity mclass ships it does seem more than strange that this kind of RCL advertising is deemed appropriate for the Princess board.

To answer this promotional question, no I have no desire to sail this mega ship, as I happen to be blessed with a large shopping mall very close to where I live.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old November 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default oasis rc

Nurse Debra, There is no conspiracy here just a friend question place on a friendly board, I HOPE. But your answer is one I have heard befor, TOO LAGER too many people over 6,000 passengers alone but no doubt a very beautful ship. coolbreeze
Old November 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

To me it just looked like someone booked on a Princess cruise wondering what other Princess cruisers throught about Oasis.

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
Paul,

Clearly this thread has no purpose on the Princess board, other than as an advertising technique for Royal Caribbean.

Just an observation, why was this thread not placed where it belongs - ON THE RCL BOARD?

While it was deemed necessary, by some, to close a thread comparing Princess to Celebrity, which did point our the recurring propulsion problems on Celebrity mclass ships it does seem more than strange that this kind of RCL advertising is deemed appropriate for the Princess board.

To answer this promotional question, no I have no desire to sail this mega ship, as I happen to be blessed with a large shopping mall very close to where I live.

Debra
How the heck is this thread RCL advertising???!!! Maybe someone just wants to know what Princess cruisers feel about the Oasis. Why do you insist upon bringing up M class propulsion problems over & over & over; & on the Princess board too boot?

OTOH, I couldn't agree with you more (now there's a first!) If I want to go to a mall, I have one very near my house. I have no desire to sail with 6000 people. Heck, I don't even want to even be in port with a ship that engorges 6000 people while I'm there!
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Passenger

We cruised on the Independence of the Seas and thought that was just big enough. Disembarkment was a disaster.... worst experience ever. At that point we vowed never to cruise Oasis... but I understand they have built a new terminal just for Oasis and I've been following her arrival... and I'm getting the bug to try her. FYI... we cruise both RCCL and Princess.. depending on where we want to go.