Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default From Onboard the Ruby Princess!

Greetings fellow Cruisemates from the beautiful Ruby Princess!

It has been a fabulous short 3-night cruise on the Ruby Princess. We are enjoying as much as we can in the time we have to enjoy this ship, as we are on our last full day aboard today and will be disembarking tomorrow morning. Our only port call was to be Princess Cays, but it was cancelled today due to heavy winds and seas did not permit safe tendering operations. We are dissappointed, but as veteran cruisers this is not the 1st time we've had a tendering port cancelled and we certainly understand.

I will have pictures and a report when we return on Monday, including the story of the wierdiest cab ride EVER in Ft. Lauderdale, my usual "soap box" rant about saving lounge chairs by the pool, and a full report on the great service, food and activities we have experienced. We will be dining at the Crown Grill tonight and are really looking forward to this dining experience.

This has turned out to be a great getaway for my wife and I, and all reports from the home front indicate the baby is having a great time at her grandma and grandpa's house, although we are sure she is wondering where the "usual" big people that feed me are?

TTFN, I'll post when we return! Have a great weekend fellow Cruisemates!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

So good to hear you are enjoying Ruby Princess, sorry about the missed port, not much you can do.

Have a safe trip back home.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Even with a missed port it sounds like a great cruise. I look forward to hearing your report and even your rant.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Waiting to hear all about it...Rants can be eductional,sharing the good the bad and the ugly Want to her about that cab ride in my fave city

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 21st, 2009, 12:02 AM
Admiral

I took the first 3 day Ruby (December 14-17) and it couldn't have been better. Weather was perfect and smooth seas. Enjoyed FLL on the 13th at Hyatt Place and my favorite restaurant Outback. Taxi over to the ship and on board before noon.

Met up with a couple I knew from 2 years ago on the Emerald through trivia and we played the 6 games available on this trip - won 5 and came in 2nd on the other game.

Had an excellent dining group for the 2nd sitting - lots of laughs. Enjoyed my balcony cabin (same price as the oceanview which is why I took it).

But the main reason I took it was to put me in Elite class for my next Princess cruise - already booked for April on the Crown to the western Caribbean.

Ran into several of the crew I had made friends with on the Ruby during my 10 day November cruise. Love how friendly Princess crew are.

What a shame about your weather - my trivia friends stayed on and will continue on for more back to backs - grand total of 66 days. Lot more than I ever want to do.

Only bad weather was when I was waiting for my plane to take off at 1 PM from FLL when it poured. Sorry you ran into bad weather.

Welcome home.

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012