Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Familiar Face

Default How many formal nites on 7 day Mex. Riv. cruise

I am going on the Sapphire Princess for 7 days to the Mexican Riviera on Feb. 13th. We have already done this cruise about 5 yrs. ago and are looking for a relaxing time and no excursions or anything.
Can you tell me how many formal nights there are on this 7 day cruise? And also, Do you have to wear your formal clothes all night..e.g. going to a show, lounge, or can you just wear them to the dining room. I know they have a party later at night after the shows and other entertainment. I assume you would have to be in your formal clothes for this. I cannot remember any of this info.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

There will be 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise.

You don't necessarily have to stay "dressed up" but there are quite a few people that do. However, there are people that I see on formal nights in the lounge or at a show in shorts and a t-shirt and they don't refuse you entry. The only dress code requirements are for the dining room.

Sometimes I go back to the room and will just take off my suit jacket (and sometimes tie) as I tend to get warm in the lounges/theater.
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Admiral

7 day cruise has 2 formal nights normally . I've heard that sometimes there might only be 1 formal depending on the port schedule.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Captain

Hi Sue,

We were on this very same cruise on the Sapphire Princess last fall. As others have said there will be two formal nights. The dress code on formal nights requires formal clothes in the dining room on formal nights and recommends that folks stay in their formal clothes for the evening. On my cruise last fall, most passengers did, but I don't believe that it was required.

The Sapphire is a beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
Captain

Default Sapphire Princess

We've booked for May. Let me know how you like the ship. And any pointers would be appreciated!

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas