Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Captain

Default Obstructed view cabins

We're on a tight budget this year so we booked a guaranteed obstructed ocean view cabin instead of a balcony like I have done in the past, my question is how obstructed will it be? Completely so it blocks the window entirerly or will you be able to see the obstructions. I didn't book inside because I'm claustaphobic, will I be ok with the obstruction. If I wanted to upgrade after my cabin is booked can I?

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

The obstruction will depend on the room as they have fully and partially obstructed views. Typically you might see the life boats and or a beam. I had one on our first cruise and just saw the back of the lifeboat but could still see outside on half the window. You will see the obstructions but will get some light and at least see what the weather is like.

As for upgrading after booking depends if your agent let's you make changes. You will obviously have to pay the difference. I can't say how you will be in the obstructed view as I'm not claustrophobic and don't know what it's like.
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

One we had, the window was deeply indented, and, the life boat blocked almost the entire window....was like looking out of a cave.....stillbetter then an inside for me..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator