CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Soda and water on board ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/371155-soda-water-board-ship.html)

justus2 January 25th, 2010 12:21 AM

Soda and water on board ship

I was wondering if it is okay to bring sodas and water on board the ship. We last cruised on the Carnival Triumph last year and were allowed to bring both on board. This year we are cruising on the Ruby 2/8/10 and we heard that we may not be allowed to on the Princess.

hockeynut January 25th, 2010 08:42 AM

Soda and water should be fine to bring on with you. The only drinks they prohibit is alcohol (except for wine).

captainleppy May 25th, 2010 04:17 PM

If you can take in a "factory sealed" water bottle you can take on liquor. There's a site that sells the sealed caps called camocaps. net they make it pretty easy and foolproof.

Donna May 25th, 2010 07:26 PM

Actually, the tap water onboard the ship is good, just add some ice and bring along a container to take with you. You cabin attandant will be happy to keep the ice comming.

CruzNut May 25th, 2010 11:14 PM

The ship's tap water is distilled on board and is better than any bottle water you could bring with you ... purer.

You can bring soda pop - no restrictions. Princess (and most other lines) will sell you a soda card which is good for any of the tap soda at the bars (not cans).

You can bring wine for drinking in your cabin ... if you bring it to the dining room, they'll charge you to uncork it something like $15! No charge to drink in your cabin, but bring a cork screw.

LisaK May 26th, 2010 09:10 AM

yes the ships tap water is very good, but its not cold, so what we do is buy a couple of sports bottles of water at the store before we head out to ship, then refill those and put them in the fridge

sergej May 26th, 2010 01:13 PM

The ships tap water is terrible !
just dead water without any taste .

I would not drink it even if they pay me 10 USD for a
glass.

Sparkling water is OK - some main streem.
but normally only 1-2 different sorts.

But how can one bring enought water for 6-7 days.

sunluva7 May 26th, 2010 05:57 PM

Save your money and the environment.:) The ship's water is perfectly fine. You can bring all the soda you can carry, if that's what you prefer. Have fun

Fern May 26th, 2010 08:59 PM

The ship's water is more pure than any bottled water you can buy at your local store. You can bring water, but it's really not necessary.

Yes, you can bring soda (I've found that most people who do this are the "Pepsi People" :roll:!), since Coke is the "Soda of Choice" on most cruise lines.

Frankly, unless you're drinking 4 or 5 soda's a day :eek:, the best idea is to buy them from the cruise line. We bought 6 Diet Cokes for a week and the cost was $12.54. It was so much easier than bringing them onboard.

If you can't afford $12.00 over six days.... ?

Donna May 27th, 2010 04:25 AM

You can also get all the lemonaide and iced tea you want during the day at no charge..

Insider September 11th, 2010 03:44 PM

We will be doing our first Princess cruise in Feb. Am so excited. It will be on the Island Princess. We have always brought a 24 pk of bottled water plus water bottles with us.

Pixie Dust September 11th, 2010 06:13 PM

Wasn't aware lemonaide is available. Thanks for the info! We love lemonaide.

RichC September 12th, 2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie Dust (Post 1316078)
Wasn't aware lemonaide is available. Thanks for the info! We love lemonaide.

They make it very strong and it need lots of ice & occasionally some water added. I'm not sure if they offer it at dinner or not :confused: since I always drink ice tea at dinner.

Donna September 12th, 2010 06:46 PM

I will say, the iced tea is also very good.

DeepSpace September 13th, 2010 01:28 AM

The water on the ship is just fine. We also like the iced tea.

Tom Tom September 13th, 2010 07:59 PM

The water is very good as is the ice tea. We also love the free hot chocolate and the free ice cream.

Kamloops Cruiser September 24th, 2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justus2 (Post 1269988)
I was wondering if it is okay to bring sodas and water on board the ship. We last cruised on the Carnival Triumph last year and were allowed to bring both on board. This year we are cruising on the Ruby 2/8/10 and we heard that we may not be allowed to on the Princess.

Why would you bring water aboard?:confused::confused: The water is very good on board

and free . Just bring an empty bottle and refill in the Horizon court

or from the tap in your bathroom. :neutral:

huffca January 2nd, 2011 01:26 PM

I love ice tea. The ships tends to be strong. So I always ask my waiter to put half Ice Tea and half water. Perfect. I have also brought a case of water and strapped a luggage tag with clear packing tape to it. Delivered to my cabin w/no problem. I have also packed a Britta Pitcher filled it and kept it in the mini fridge. Works great. Hugs and happy cruising.