CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   How to request an egg crate for mattress (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/371315-how-request-egg-crate-mattress.html)

oeshpdog2 January 30th, 2010 08:12 PM

How to request an egg crate for mattress

My husband and I just booked our first Princess cruise. We sail on the Emerald Princess on May 2. We're very excited. :D We've been on Royal Caribbean and Disney and he has been on NCL so we love cruising. We've been reading about the ship and are really looking forward to it. My question is about requesting an egg crate for the mattress. Many of the reviews I've read suggest it; however, I don't see a place on the website to do this. Can anyone clue me in? Also, I'm wondering if they make smoothies on the ship? There's nothing I like more than a smoothie by the pool. I know it would be an extra charge but I'm just wondering if they're available.
Thanks!

Kamloops Cruiser January 30th, 2010 08:51 PM

Ask your Travel Agent to put a request into special services . If booked direct
thru Princess , call and put a request also.

nighthawk65 January 31st, 2010 12:43 PM

Your best bet is to hunt down your cabin steward as soon as you get to your cabin and request one, they only have a limited number of them available.

Happy Sailing8)
Mark

carmensmom January 31st, 2010 05:47 PM

Put in a request through your travel agent, or if you booked direct through Princess call your vacation planner. Your egg crate will be on your bed when you get there, you can order extra pillows also.

planb February 14th, 2010 07:37 PM

I have just had surgery and called Princess and they gave me a fax number to fax my request and give the reason as to why I need an egg crate. I questioned why couldn't just ask when there and was informed that they do not bring as many on board anymore and they will go to those who have pre- advised them and if they had a valid reason for one. Seemed odd, but called a second time just to check and was advise the exact same information. Hope this helps.

Fern February 14th, 2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planb (Post 1274187)
I have just had surgery and called Princess and they gave me a fax number to fax my request and give the reason as to why I need an egg crate. I questioned why couldn't just ask when there and was informed that they do not bring as many on board anymore and they will go to those who have pre- advised them and if they had a valid reason for one. Seemed odd, but called a second time just to check and was advise the exact same information. Hope this helps.

planb, I have to say that what they told you does seem odd:confused:. If you really need an egg crate, I'd suggest you board as early as possible, find your Room Steward and request one. I do find the answers you got to be unreliable. You might be better off to buy an egg crate at a discount store, bring it on board and then leave it, if you really need it.

Mike M February 14th, 2010 08:41 PM

To make sure you have it I would have your agent contact Princess to make sure you have one.

The only time I ever needed one was on an NCL cruise where the mattress was as hard as a rock. We just asked our cabin steward and he had it on the bed that night.

Take care,
Mike