Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
First Mate

Question Crown Princess - Caribbean

We just booked our first cruise on Princess. :-D We have been on Carnival and loved it. Everybody told us we had to try other cruise lines and Princess was a name that often came. So off we go with two of our kids (15yr old girl & 16 yr old boy) on March 27th. We are going to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel and Princess Cay. Anyone else on this cruise?

Anybody have any tips on the Crown Princess or ports of call? Ideas for non - excursion things to do? Which port has the best town to go shopping and sight seeing? And where should we spend the day at the beach? Seems to me all the beaches are beautiful!

A good place find different brands of rum that I might not be able to get here in the US?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Beginner

Let me know if you get any information on this cruise I am doing the same one only in April
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Of the 3 ports, Cozumel will be the most reasonable to shop..Mexican silver is everywhere at prices that make many weep There are also pharmacies here, where you can find prescription drugs over the counter here. We have purchases minor creams etc, but, ask questions and check dates.. Senor Frogs is here as well as Carlos and Charlies....I bought perfume here too. They do sell those handbags made from gum/candy wrappers as well, cheaper then you can buy them here...By now they may be out of style Kids like them.

Grand Cayman has high end shopping..galleries, etc....Check out Sting Ray City though..your kids may like this and you can book this on your own, before you leave.

Roatan is a much more rustic port, with water sports being & snorkeling & diving being their claim to fame.

Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Talking Things to do

I found Ziplineing on Roatan, but it isn't available though the cruise line. You can book it on line and be picked up at the dock area. It runs around $75 a person. The best historical site I found was through the cruise ship for Cozumel. Figuring for snorkling at p-cay, alot of sites said that you don't need the Clam shell if you are on a budget because there is alot of shade around but I burn easy soo got one anyway. You can rent snorkle equipment or you can bring your own. Everyone suggested lots of insect repellant.
Let me know if you find something cool to do I don't go until April
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
Beginner

I have sailed with Princess 8 time. The Crown Princess is a really nice ship. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are good ports for shopping. Cozumel is good for sight seeing. Stingray City in Grand Cayman is really cool. The beach in Princess Cays in really nice.
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Familiar Face

My favorite tour of any posts is Victor Boddan tours in Roatan. I normally do not go off cruise tours, but this is the best. With 4 of you, you get your own tour guide for the day, and can do anything you want. I especially like Tex the tour guide. Will be taking my 3rd tour with him in 2 weeks.
Royal Caribbean 1996
Carnival 2000
Holland 2002
Holland 2004-ooster-east
Holland 2005 veen-west
Holland 2006-Westr-east
Princess 2007-Crown
NCL-Feb. 2008-Sun-west
NCL-Feb.-2009-Spirit
Princess Crown-Mar. 2010-west
Royal Caribbean-Brillance-Oct 2010-Medit
Princess 2012-Crown-South