Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default What is your favorite Princess Ship (or class)

I think Princess has some of the nicer interior decors - because they are simple yet elegant. They make feel good in the same way Carnival makes me feel crazy (but in a fun way).

It is very easy to use our photo galleries here: Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery

to find pictures of your ships - just click on a pic, get the properties for it, and paste it here. Instructions on how to do that are here:

How to Include a Photo in Your Post

Obviously, we prefer that the pictures you use this way come from Cruisemates. But if you link to a cruise line web site that is OK. Please do not link to other cruise editorial sites, message boards, travel agencies or anything like that.
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Ruby Princess

Ruby Princess is one of my favorites:

Old February 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
First Mate

I love the interior of the Princess ships. The muted colors and dark wood / glass used in the design is very elegant.

I've been on the Diamond, Crown, Caribbean Princess and I have to say my fav was the Crown. The dining room was so beautiful, as was the atrium. I'm sailing on the Sea Princess in May and I'm anxious to see how this smaller ship compares to the larger ones. I heard it was recently renovated.... and it looked fabulous from the pics I've been able to find online.

Princess is becoming my favorite line, with Carnival 2nd.
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I also recall seeing the Crown and thinking she has a beautiful interior.

The smaller ships are also elegant, always have been. They don't feel old like some other ships from the 1990s I have been on.
Old February 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I did love my 3 Princess cruises...My favorite is the Sun Class, we enjoyed the Sea Princess best of all...Loved that hole in the floor

The Grand Class, is such a choppy lay out..,..bread crumbs are a good idea to pack.. In spite of that, we loved our Grand and Golden cruises

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Admiral

We've enjoyed every Princess ship we've sailed. My personal favorite was the Sun Princess. She was just the right size for our taste. It only took a day or so to get comfortable with the layout (sometimes I'm still lost at the end of a cruise ) and the crew members were not only wonderful, but spoke highly of the Captain and of each other (a huge plus).

Princess is definitely more "muted" in decor, but beautiful. I especially like the top of the atrium "flower" opening and closing.

(The martini bar, aka Crooner's, has the best bartenders, just FYI ).

Trip, I get the bread crumb thing! Sometimes you can't get there from here on the big ships :|!)

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

I,ve only sailed the Crown & Emerald, & liked the decor of both. From what I hear, unless you book a suite on the Sun class, the room are kind of small, so I'll probably never sail them. I would love to sail Island or Coral Princess, which seem to be similar in size to Crown & Emerald, but with one less passenger deck & 1100 fewer guests.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:44 AM
Admiral

My favorites are the panamax ships - the Coral and the Island. Just the right size, easy to get around and attractively laid out plus beautiful. Plus 1,000 people less!

The Ruby, Emerald (and in 8 weeks the Crown) have beautiful atriums and many other areas but more than a little tricky to get around. From Plaza deck to the Traditional dining room you have to go up 2 decks, then aft and then down one deck ... all because they put the crew's dining room in the middle of Plaza deck - have never figured that out and it's a pain on all of them.

And, now they're going to build 2 ships even bigger ... hope they don't break them up, too!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to agree with you about Princess, their interiors are very elegant and comfortable, no loud colors or decor. I also like the Sun class ships. As much as I like the interior of the Golden and Star, their flow just isn't there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:36 AM
First Mate

We have sailed on the Emarld 2x and we think its the best, and the Star would be next, but that's how we feel. All the ships are great.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Captain

I prefer ships the size of the Island Princess with about 2,000 passengers. That said my favorite ship of all time, was the old Crown Princess.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:52 AM
First Mate

Yep, and at least everyone could get a seat in the show lounge without having to show up 45 minutes early.
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Captain

Default Class

Which class is sapphire?

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Familiar Face

It's in the "Grand" class....and what a grand ship it is! We've sailed on her twice and will do so again in 2011.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Captain

Thanks Pixie, we can't wait.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:14 PM
First Mate

You'll love the Sapphire!

Old March 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Hi, we are considering doing the Panama Canal cruise, R/T Ft. Lauderdale, FL on the Coral Princess (10 days)...We've been on 2 Newer Princess ships and loved them both! Any insight you could give us, as to room size, food, personal choice dining, dress code (in personal choice dining), etc. would be most appreciated.

Also if ANYONE has any good, specific information about this cruise itinerary, we'd love to here about it before making our final decision.

This is my first posting so I hope I did it correctly.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

A cruise lover!
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Love the Coral (and the Island) and between the two I've sailed on them 6 times ... and have another booking for this November.

Size of cabins - depends on what you book ... my first few were on Caribe deck in the bump out section with balcony midships (1/2 covered and 1/2 in the sun). Very nice and highly recommend Caribe and any of the bump out sections with balcony. Since then, I've done Oceanview - similar inside size and as I travel alone, saves me money plus I'm really not a balcony person.

As to dress code - it's the same for traditional or anytime which means 2 formal nights and the rest smart casual. If you really don't want to do the formal, you can go to the buffet those 2 nights. And, these days formal means a dark jacket for men and a nice pant suit for women ... or variations on that.

I'm not big on shore excursions BUT I highly recommend the ferry boat trip in the Canal ... it's a whole new way of viewing the canal and you go through the other 2 locks all the way over to the Pacific Ocean (almost like a transcanal without the expense of traveling across the country by air).

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Admiral

We have sailed the Sun and Grand Class ships and have loved both of them, but for us personally our favorite has been and probably will always be the lady herself Royal Princess
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Familiar Face

Our most recent favorite is the Crown Princess She is beautiful in every way however, our very favorite was the old Royal Princess with her British Captain and crew. The staterooms and service were first class.
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Admiral

hankm, you are so right about the Royal Princess, quite the grand lady