Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Crown Princess Categories?? I am ignorant!

Can someone tell me how you figure out "categories" on different ships? We are thinking about Crown Princess, inside cabin....category M interior. I need a category lesson fast...as I need to book as soon as possible.
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM
Familiar Face

Categories on the Crown begin at Category M (inside), up to AA for a mini-suite. Prices vary from category to category, but basically the higher the letter, the cheaper the cabin (except for the suites which are a category unto themselves). To me, an inside cabin, is pretty much the same wherever you are, although the center of the ship would be the higher price. Lower priced cabins would be fore, aft, or the lower decks. The best thing to do is go to the Princess website, click on Ships, then Crown, then Deck Plans, and browse the decks. The category letters will be shown in coordinating colors with the deck, so you can see where your Category M would be, for instance. Sometimes for the same price, or a few extra bucks, you can find a higher category in a better location - it's all where you want to be. I haven't check prices, but sometimes they'll have two or three inside categories listed at the same price. Generally, the lower the letter, the higher the price, and the better the location. Hope this helps a little.

2010 ~ Emerald Princess

2008 ~ Norwegian Dream
2005 ~ Caribbean Princess
2003 ~ Carnival Imagination
2002 ~ Grand Princess
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Sue - you can look at the deck plan and see which color coincides with category M - it looks like a light purple and may be located on Deck 5. As the category moves closer to A the more "desirable" the location is considered. You might consider booking a guaranteed cabin. With a guarantee cabin you don't get a specific cabin assignment but will at least get a cabin in the category your have selected. Unless you really want an M cabin that might be the way to go.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks you all so much for the help!!!! I now understand!