Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdenv24 View Post
I'm confused?? We live in Ontario,we have a U.S. bank account, a U.S. Visa credit card (with our Canadian address!) and have always booked with a U.S. agent and paid in U.S. funds. Never had to supply a U.S. address.
The discussion is about people who book from outside the US or Canada.
As Canadians we can book with no problem .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It is possible they plan to change their tipping policies for the Ozzies who HATE to tip. If that was the case thwy would have to manage their bookings separately.
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to oldmum45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
It is possible they plan to change their tipping policies for the Ozzies who HATE to tip. If that was the case thwy would have to manage their bookings separately.
Hi Paul

sorry i dont understand your post???

what does tipping have to do with a discriminatory policy of booking a cruise..

Princess..and a few other lines have decided that IF there isnt enough competition, that they dont have to discount as heavily, so they dont offer the same costings to the smaller countries...what they dont understand..is Aussies are very fair minded..and this will backfire as we are known travellers..and will seek other holiday destinations...and companies...and yes...not all companies have this policy...it isnt a country decision..it is a company one.

and i would like to explain about Aussies and tipping...

it isnt that we hate it...(and I would like to add my husband and I tip more than most americans IF what we were told in discussions with Americans on our last cruise!)..we dont remember it

when I go to a restaurant on a weekend..it is a sure bet that the waiters and staff are earning more than the $20.00 per hour I earn in my job.. So when some one is paid a fair wage for that they do..why tip them as well?? I dont get a tip for a well run office, or a perfect letter or document I type..I am paid for the job..as are our waiters, porters...and shop assistants! So we simply are not in the habit of thinking of tipping.

that being said...Aussies do tip occassionally in Australia, but not to the degree we would IF we knew the staff were being underpaid and were living on tips...

so it isnt that we dont like it..we simply dont comprehend a system that we dont live by..

regards

jules

Read and post cruise reviews

Old March 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to oldmum45

well after 8 weeks of waiting...I get a cut and pasted (and mostly irrelevant) reply from Carnaval...

They are saying they are "protecting" the client by forcing us to buy in our home country, as the client is protected under laws of the land...BUT they miss the point...I dont wish to buy off shore..I want equality in pricing..

but I should be pacified as they have discussed the "issue" with both land and on sa staff...

You would think they would care enough to write a genuine letter...but seems not...

time to look for a new cruise company I think...and yes..I know they are all owned by carnival...but lets hope that one of the sub companies actually give a a thought to the paying public!

regards

jules

Read and post cruise reviews

Old March 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmum45 View Post
well after 8 weeks of waiting...I get a cut and pasted (and mostly irrelevant) reply from Carnaval...

They are saying they are "protecting" the client by forcing us to buy in our home country, as the client is protected under laws of the land...BUT they miss the point...I dont wish to buy off shore..I want equality in pricing..

but I should be pacified as they have discussed the "issue" with both land and on sa staff...

You would think they would care enough to write a genuine letter...but seems not...

time to look for a new cruise company I think...and yes..I know they are all owned by carnival...but lets hope that one of the sub companies actually give a a thought to the paying public!

regards

jules
Best of luck but I think you may have a difficult time.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004