Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Default Western or Eastern????

getting ready to book a cruise and can't decide whether to do Western or Eastern. Ive done Eastern 3 times. I don't know much about Western can anyone provide any advice???
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:28 PM
First Mate

Not sure how many days you plan to cruise. I got this from the Princess website. Caribbean Cruise Vacation : Cruises in the Caribbean : Princess Cruises

If the powers that be don't want the link posted, I did the western two years ago. I enjoyed Stingray City in the Grand Cayman, Dunns Falls in Jamaica, and especially loved Swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel.

Whatever you choose, hey, it's a cruise!

Sweet Sailing!

Old March 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The western really has the best itinerary for water lovers...some of the ports are more rustic,like Belize and Roatan..perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving...Progresso, does not offer much, but a bus ride away is Merida, a real colonial Mexican town that is lovely...

Cozumel is lively with tons of shops, great for silver...a jeep tour is a nice take in...no chance of getting lost...fun restaurants..The Mayan ruins are a step back in time

Grand Cayman can be bustling, when many ships are in..you must be tendered here,and many times the weather and the seas will not allow this, so, a port is missed. Stingray City is a great excursion

Jamacia is not high on my list, but...Dunns River Falls is quite popular in Ochos Rios.. Montego Bay is best spent with a day pass at Sandals or staying onboard the ship, and relaxing..jmho..hope this helps a bit

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Familiar Face

Default Give the Western side a shot

I don't know which ports you will be going to, but probably include Cozumel and Grand Cayman. If you are really interested in Mayan ruins, a cruise including Belize or Progreso would be helpful, as they have the best ruins which don't involve a whole day of travel. The ruins in Tulum are also a great experience, and if you see them from your stop in Cozumel, they will involve a 7-hour day, as well as a very fast, bumpy high speed ferry ride over to the mainland. Grand Cayman has the not-to-be-missed Stingray City, as well as great watersports.

We are doing the western carib with Princess this summer, to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Jamaica was the one port I had no interest in visiting, but since we're going, we booked an organized tour to Dunn's River Falls and around the island.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

2010 ~ Emerald Princess

2008 ~ Norwegian Dream
2005 ~ Caribbean Princess
2003 ~ Carnival Imagination
2002 ~ Grand Princess
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Admiral

We did the Eastern and Western B2B in 08 on the Mariner.
Preferred the eastern by a long shot (personal choice):-D

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess