Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default when are cabins assigned??

We are less than 2 weeks from sailing and our cabin has not been assigned. We just booked but the TA said that she thought we'd know the cabin as soon as payment was made. The ship is not sold out, there are quite a few cabins available. Because its not sold out will they wait until closer to sailing before assigning a cabin???
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbuddy View Post
We are less than 2 weeks from sailing and our cabin has not been assigned. We just booked but the TA said that she thought we'd know the cabin as soon as payment was made. The ship is not sold out, there are quite a few cabins available. Because its not sold out will they wait until closer to sailing before assigning a cabin???
There's nothing set in stone as far as cabin assignments. You my know right away, or may not know until you arrive for check in at the pier.
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

If you booked a guarantee then this isn't something you need to be worried about. As Kuki said: "Nothing is set in stone about when cabins are assigned."

It may be a good thing. Often the closer to sailing you receive your cabin assignment the greater the chance you will get an upgrade.

You can rest assured that you will, at the least, get a cabin in the category you booked.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
Admiral

sounds like you booked a guarantee cabin, take it easy, you have a cabin not to worry, as the others have said you may not know until you show up at the pier
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Admiral

We are booked on the Island from LA to Van then on to Alaska (rtn Van)
cabins still haven't been assigned . The LA to Van ,most cat are sold out.
Alaska has been heavly discounted .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Captain

You can sign on to the Princess cruise Personalizer and as soon as your cabin is assigned it will show up there. We have found out several times what our cabin was going to be just a couple of weeks before our cruise.

I am sure that it happens, but in all of our fifteen cruises our cabin was never assigned at the dock.

debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
You can sign on to the Princess cruise Personalizer and as soon as your cabin is assigned it will show up there. We have found out several times what our cabin was going to be just a couple of weeks before our cruise.

I am sure that it happens, but in all of our fifteen cruises our cabin was never assigned at the dock.

debra
It's happened to me a couple of times. I've asked the porters on arrival and they find it on the manifest and put appropriate tags on the bags. Not a big deal.
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Passenger

any chance the cabin will change again. we just got it and i'm not thrilled. Will they move us if we ask. Not a better cat. or anything (but it would be nice) just a cabin without the upper berths.
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Admiral

We just got our cabin assignments for May 14,2010 cruise on the Island.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Ours was assigned about 90 days out, before final payment. I thought that was kind of odd. We booked a balcony guarantee and got a BB aft balcony. I thought maybe this was a "stop loss" of some sort on Princess's part, but last I looked there were a couple BC cabins available. Still considered whether to drop the extra 1K to upgrade to a mini-suite.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbuddy View Post
any chance the cabin will change again. we just got it and i'm not thrilled. Will they move us if we ask. Not a better cat. or anything (but it would be nice) just a cabin without the upper berths.
The upper berths won't be in your way. They fold into the ceiling or wall and unless you're looking for them you probably wouldn't notice!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Ours was assigned about 90 days out, before final payment. I thought that was kind of odd. We booked a balcony guarantee and got a BB aft balcony. I thought maybe this was a "stop loss" of some sort on Princess's part, but last I looked there were a couple BC cabins available. Still considered whether to drop the extra 1K to upgrade to a mini-suite.
Hi Bob, is this a cruise in Europe? While we love the mini-suites on Princess, I think I'd probably book a balcony on a port intensive European cruise (especially for 1K difference !).

JMO,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Hi Bob, is this a cruise in Europe? While we love the mini-suites on Princess, I think I'd probably book a balcony on a port intensive European cruise (especially for 1K difference !).

JMO,
Thanks Fern, yes it is a 12 day Greek Isles cruise. I have been thinking about the extra space in the cabin for 12 days. But you are right it is a port intensive cruise - only 1 sea day plus an overnight to start things off.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old July 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Familiar Face

We booked our Princess Ruby Cruise for Oct 2010 in July 2009 and was told our Cabin number by return email. We do use a travel agent so that may be the reason. But a year and half before the sailing is great. We have booked a cruise for May 2011 in Feb of this year and the cabin number was given us again by return email in Feb. On all our other cruises we receive our cabin number in an equal manner no matter which Cruise Line it was.