Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Looking Princess Information

My wife and I are booked on the Crown Princess 09-17/27-10 for the New England / Canada cruise. Looking for information (or where to find it) about coffee cards, soda cards, etc. Any of the little items it would be good to know about and plan for. Also is there a way to find out about the shows the boats has to offer, we really enjoyed them on the last trip. We have not been on a cruise since Alaska in 2003 and can't remember all the do's and don'ts. We have been looking at the shore excursions and would like to select a few to book this fall. Thanks in advance for any help.

Don
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Don,
You should be able to go into you personalizer at the Princess web site to check all your information and to see what excursions they offer for your cruise. Never a bad thing to pre-book excursions that really interest you..

Have you cruised with Princess before?? I found their food to be really good, in both the dining room and buffet. Not sure how you find out about their shows, I just always plan on seeing them. Be sure to read through the Princess Patter every evening to see what is going on the following day with entertainment, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Admiral

i don't recall being able to find out show information prior to your cruise unless you chat with someone who has recently come off of the same cruise you are going on, your best source for all things going on during your cruise is the daily paper the pricness patter, it gets delivered to your stateroom at night so you can plan for the next days activities. As for the soda card you can buy it at any bar on board the ship, and first day there are stations set up all over the ship where you can buy the soda card, regular coffee is included, specialty coffees are extra
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Lisa is correct, as far as hows go you must talk to someone who has been on the ship, and they can only comment on productions shows as individual (solo) artists like singers, comedians, etc can change on a per cruise basis.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctraveler54 View Post
My wife and I are booked on the Crown Princess 09-17/27-10 for the New England / Canada cruise. Looking for information (or where to find it) about coffee cards, soda cards, etc. Any of the little items it would be good to know about and plan for. Also is there a way to find out about the shows the boats has to offer, we really enjoyed them on the last trip. We have not been on a cruise since Alaska in 2003 and can't remember all the do's and don'ts. We have been looking at the shore excursions and would like to select a few to book this fall. Thanks in advance for any help.

Don
Don,

The soda card will run about $35 for a seven day cruise. This includes the 15% gratuity. There is also an Ultimate Kid Pack for $70 for a seven day cruise. It includes soda, mocktails, milkshakes and hot chocolate.

The coffee card is $28 for a seven day cruise. It gives you 15 specialty coffees and unlimited "fresh brewed" coffee as long as there is, at least, one punch left on the card.

I'm not sure about the shows but you can check some recent reviews and see what people have to say.

I would also check out Anytime Dining and see if it interests you. You can have dinner when you're ready. You don't have to keep to a schedule and eat when you like.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Check out the "Cruise Answer Book". You can download it from the Princess web site when you are logged in. It seems to provide a lot of the little helpful details you will need in preparing for your cruise.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info

Don

Don and Teresa

https://sites.google.com/site/nctraveler54/