Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Thumbs up Crown Princess - Post Cruise Thoughts

Got back last week from our first Princess Cruise on the Crown Princess. We had a great time and we would not hessitate to go back on either the Crown Princess or any other Princess ship.

We have only been on one other cruise and that was on Carnival. Everybody tells us that Carnival is at the bottom of the their list of cruise lines. I guess that is very subjective. We thought that Carvnival measured up very well with Princess. We enjoyed both our cruises and would look forward to cruising again.

I thought the buffet was better on Princess but we definatley thought our dinners were better on Carnival's dinning rooms than Princess. But we are not complaining about our meals. Our waitress on the Crown Princess was the best!!! She made going to dinner a pleasure.

Most of my complaints with my cruise had more to do with timing than anything that Princess did or didn't do. It was Easter week and of 3,500 people 750 were kids. The ship was just very crowded!!! I was told that the Crown Princess has more rooms than her sister ships of the same length.

I look forward to my next cruise no matter what ship or line we choose.

I have attached a photo of the Oasis Of The Sea that was leaving port the same time as us. We were told that it was the busiest day in Port Everglades history. 50,000+ passed through the terminals for the third Saturday in a row!!! :o

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thanks for coming back, and sharing. I will agree with you that Carnival does seem to get short shrift sometimes, and it's not deserved in my book.On our Carnival cruise in Oct. we had great fun,and the food was great. I love Princess too,and I think I need one in my future, it's been a while.

The airport must have been shoulder to shoulder..once the Allure comes out..Lauderdale airport, will be jumping!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator