Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148
Default Few more questions about Brooklyn and Caribbean Princess...

Hi ALL!

New to princess here. cant wait to try out princess in oct. We have never been to NYC so had a few questions. The ship leaves from the Brooklyn port, will the ship go past the Statue Of Liberty, close enough to take pictures of? Also will the ship pass under any bridges?

As far as food in the buffet areas, what are some sample ideas of what they serve there? I know there are two buffet areas but cant find a menu or anything as to what would be served up there?

Also another question in relation to the Canada/New England cruise, i would think most people would be spending time indoors, rather than outside. This time of year would it be warm enough to just sit out in the sun? or would we all be stuck indoors the entire time of the trip?

Thanks,
David.
9/07/2009 - Carnival Destiny
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Dave... We will be on this same cruise.

As the trip got closer i have been youtube'n the boat and what not and looking at this video it looks like you can get some good pictures of the Statue

YouTube - 05/21/07 Princess Cruise Departs NYC
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Hi David 148,
Besides The Statue of Liberty, I have read elsewhere that we will have a closefit sailing under The Verranzo Narrows Bridge. I can't wait to see both!
If you have breakfast in the buffet be sure to try the belguim waffles with fruit and whip cream. They are to die for!!
Shopper 123
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Dave, autum in New England is changeable to say the least, it could be cool, or you could hit a hot spell known as Indian Summer , even if it is cool, there is no reason why you cant spend time outdoors in the cool, crisp new england air, just dress for it.- jeans/sweater or sweats with a hooded sweatshirt are fine for on deck on a cool day.