Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default What Makes Princess Special

I have to admit that it's been four years since I've been on a Princess ship. It isn't because I don't like Princess it's just that an itinerary and price haven't matched the places and times I've wanted to sail.

What I think of when I think of Princess is the variety of dining room foods that were served. Venison, rabbit, monk fish and other entrées, that I rarely see on other lines, were on the menu. This is something I love. Different foods, that are well prepared, are one of the best things I love when traveling and cruising.

What makes Princess special to you?

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I love that the Horizon Court on Lido deck is open 24hrs.

On nights I happen to be up late, it's great to be able to meet up with friends for coffee and a nosh.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

My last three cruises were the Grand Princess, the Carnival Conquest (entire family of 6), and the Emerald Princess. Carnival wins on price and Princess wins in every other category. Top three reasons to love Princess: Mini-suite, Horizon Court, the Sanctuary. I'm booked on the Crown Princess for next March and my countdown calendar cheers me up every day!
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Almost 2 years ago I cruised Princess to Alaska and fell in love with Princess all over again. Kuki, you so right, I loved the Horizon court, enough for both breakfast and lunch, even tried dinner there and was very impressed. The anytime dinning was taking way too long, could not get seats for the show afterwards, so we figured we'd try that and at least make a show, worked out great!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:39 PM
First Mate

I was just on the Emerald in May and I love the lobby bar Crooners. For some reason, when I'm on Princess I always meet the nicest people and bar staff there, and the drinks ain't bad either
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
First Mate

We love everything about Princess. The food the crew and we meet some very nice people everytime we cruise. The Horizon is also a very good reason. For us the phrase "escape completely" is what Princess cruise ship are all about.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Admiral

mini-suites, Windjammers, Horizon Court, the staff especially the dining room staff and the over-all ambieance
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
Admiral

The food ... and if you don't want the entree, you always can have their specials like shrimp cocktail, etc. - and the dining staff. Actually, all of the crew - they're so friendly and helpful in all departments. TRIVIA! The new Wheelhouse special pub lunches on sea days. Crooners for meeting up with people. Sterling and Crown steakhouses!

Just made Elite last year so all those perks are great, too - even Platinum with early embarkation and free internet.

Then, all the nice people I've met and still correspond with ... and Mike and Betty on a very special Island cruise for Halloween of 2003.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Passenger

My husband and I have cruised twice on Princess. We have also booked another cruise in Oct on the Ruby Princess. Last Feb. we went on the Crown Princess. I absolutely LOVED the big screen by the pool and movies under the stars. The food and the Price are Fantastic!! I love the staff and all of the people that are onboard...(a somewhat older crowd)
My husband and I really loved the restorante' where you can snacks, quiche's, sandwiches, etc anytime of the day or night....LOVED that!! The ship is Absolutely beautiful! Definately Consider a Princess cruise if you haven't already!!
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Beginner

Would that be the International Cafe? I fell in love with Sapphire Princess in May, booked the LA to Hawaii for Thanksgiving and am booking the 14-day Souther/Western Caribbean on Crown Princess for next year! Love it!
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes the Elite benefits are nice, especially the free internet. They still TRY to have some class that used to be a part of the cruise experience, especially in the dining room. (i.e. the waiters wearing gloves on formal nights-different uniform each day depending on theme, etc.)

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I almost forgot, I love their pools, without the salt water, so nice!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:34 PM
First Mate

I agree with the fresh water pools. My other favorites...quick and easy Muster Drills inside...happy and friendly, efficient crew...International Cafe...food from Room Service (as well as anywhere else)...Anytime Dining...Internet and in-room wireless...effortless embark/disembark...

I could go on for a long time, but I'll stop

Sweet Sailing!

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Poppadock

I agree with everyone's thread & let's not forget the convenience of the laundromate.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Familiar Face

No one else mentioned the laundry room....they only had food on their minds......but that's the best part of the cruise for those of us who don't want to bring too many clothes...just wash them....iron and off u go...that's what makes the Princess special to me....and the fresh water...it's safe to drink the ships water...don't have to buy bottled water any time during the cruise...