Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Beginner

Default Help need advice Dec 2010 Saphire Mex Riv have you been this time before??

Hi,

I was wondering what the weather is like on the Mexican Riviera cruise in late December??? Have you gone?? Did you travel with kids??
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

December is a great time to cruise the Mexican Riviera. The weather is temperate with highs in the mid-eighties and lows in the sixties.

There is a chance of cooler weather and the surf temps are lower but it will be a lot warmer than anywhere in the continental U.S.

I personally would choose this time of year to go over mid-summer because it can be terribly hot in summer.

I haven't cruised with kids so I can't be too much help in that area.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
First Mate

I sailed in January and thought the days at sea were chilly & windy. I had to buy a sweat-shirt in the gift shop to take the chill off. But I have to say walking around Cabo was very pleasant.

I would go again in January. Happy cruising!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old July 10th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info What shore tours did you do while there?
Old July 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Familiar Face

I have done this cruise three times in the winter. Last year twice - in January and December. Weather tends to be cold heading down to Mexico, but once you land in Puerto Vallarta it typically is warm and sunny. Even to the point of being a little hot during the day. And Cabo being desert can be very warm.

Favorite shore excursions are Jungle Zip Line & Rapelling in Puerto Vallarta - one of the most amazing days ever and not nearly as scary as it sounds. The scenery is incredible, and the entire excursion is a blast. Also the Sea Safari in Puerto Vallarta.

I have never done an excursion in Mazatlan, but when you get off the boat and go out the gate at the dock you are in old town Mazatlan which is really beautiful and going through quite a gentifrication process. If you like history, head into town to see the Cathedral. Old town is definitely a lot more interesting than the Golden Zone.

Favorite excursions in Cabo are the Americas Cup Challenge and I also did a beginners scuba which was a lot of fun.