Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Familiar Face

Default Princess and the Equinox

Has anyone been on the Princess and the Celebrity Equinox? The reason for this question is because I'm planning a cruise on the Equinox and was wondering if they hv salt water or fresh water in their pools like Princess has and also if it's safe to drink the ships water like we can on the Princess.....I'm a big fan of Princess, but this year I wanted to try this new ship of Celebrity's...and was just wondering if I'd have to spend money on buying bottled water instead of just having a nice pitcher of ice cold water sent to my cabin...
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

It seems your questions are about the Equinox. You should post your questions on the Celebrity board - good luck.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:30 AM
Admiral

Cool Equinox

Let me add that we h ave cruised Royal Carribean, Dolphin, Premier,NCL (before and after "free style", Celebrity M class ships, Pacific Princess, the new Celebrity Soltice and...we are scheduled on the Equinox for mid-October.. I can only tell you after cruising Princess and NCL lately Celebrity is our cruise line of choice.. As for the water in the cabin..no problem.. I can't tell you exactly what the difference is between the Soltice and Equinox is YET.. but the talked about grass lawn is all they say it is and a very active spot..The Corning Hot Glass Show became so popular on the Soltice with standing room only that the areas for the show have been expanded on all new Soltice class ships including the Equinox..My pool experience now is the indoor adult only pool because of being ordered to stay out of the sun after skin cancer. So far the Soltice and Equinox are in a class by itself in the "premium lines".. I do know that Princess people are very protective of any criticism of their line.. After I sailed the Soltice I wrote a review (on t his site)with the positives and negatives..One thing is for sure we never ever felt crowded or had long lines on the Soltice.. and if the truth be known.. and this is I swear true.. a much friendlier group of people on Celebrity than we found on our small Pacific Princess where it was so cliquey. Y es, ask the question about the pool water.. I never made it in.. but in the jacuzzis when I could.
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Let me add that we h ave cruised Royal Carribean, Dolphin, Premier,NCL (before and after "free style", Celebrity M class ships, Pacific Princess, the new Celebrity Soltice and...we are scheduled on the Equinox for mid-October.. I can only tell you after cruising Princess and NCL lately Celebrity is our cruise line of choice.. As for the water in the cabin..no problem.. I can't tell you exactly what the difference is between the Soltice and Equinox is YET.. but the talked about grass lawn is all they say it is and a very active spot..The Corning Hot Glass Show became so popular on the Soltice with standing room only that the areas for the show have been expanded on all new Soltice class ships including the Equinox..My pool experience now is the indoor adult only pool because of being ordered to stay out of the sun after skin cancer. So far the Soltice and Equinox are in a class by itself in the "premium lines".. I do know that Princess people are very protective of any criticism of their line.. After I sailed the Soltice I wrote a review (on t his site)with the positives and negatives..One thing is for sure we never ever felt crowded or had long lines on the Soltice.. and if the truth be known.. and this is I swear true.. a much friendlier group of people on Celebrity than we found on our small Pacific Princess where it was so cliquey. Y es, ask the question about the pool water.. I never made it in.. but in the jacuzzis when I could.
Thank u so much for ur response to my question....
I read your review and I must say u were very brave to post it on this site...... I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion without being put down just because someone else hasn't had the same experience....I, too, love cruising on the Princess....I love the fact that it has a laundry room, movies under the stars and a host of other things which suit my fancy....but I also have an open mind as well....I've been on several Princess ships and one thing which has always happened...and I say this because it's true...is that there are a lot of senior citizens who pass u in the halls or elsewhere on the ship who won't open their mouths when u greet them with a good morning or good evening...it doesn't spoil my vacation, but I've often wondered why people cruise if they don't want to mingle or be polite to others cruising....I've met some wonderful people too....as a matter of fact there are two couples my husband I met whom we've cruised with two years in a row...this year we're all going in different directions...they're still cruising with Princess whereas my husband and I have decided to try Celebrity Equinox this December during the holidays...pls let me know all about the Equinox when u return as you'll be on it before me....be on the safe side and post it on the Celebrity site this time.... ....
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Default Princess

The one thing I did enjoy on our Princess cruise was the laundry room early in the a.m. Often found a short line before it opened...Parrot Pop and I are pretty outgoing and we cruised that particular cruise with another couple we met on Celebrity,unfortunately,their experience was incredibly bad..read a review of Pacific Princess Amazon from Merman on this board.. Yes, I will be at least taking notes on the Equinox. As much as I love Celebrity and I do have an NCL Gem review floating around.. I believe in being completely honest.. warts and all...
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Admiral

The Equinox has fresh water pools. The ship's water is no different than that on Princess or any other major cruise line. It is all safe to drink and palatable, especially on a new ship.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
The Equinox has fresh water pools. The ship's water is no different than that on Princess or any other major cruise line. It is all safe to drink and palatable, especially on a new ship.

Thank u so much, Dave for your reply....this actually makes me feel so much better knowing I won't have to waste money on bottled water while on the ship.