Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Familiar Face

Default Ruby Princess Repositioning cruise

Has anyone taken the Ruby Princess repositioning cruise before. It sails from Venice to Fort Lauderdale, with stops in Italy, France, Spain and the Azour Islands . Tell me about the cruise if you have taken before.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Beginner

Took cruise from Lauderdale to Barcelona this April with Ruby Princess. Sea was smooth as glass for the most part. Liked it so much, signed up for transition cruise Venice-Lauderdale in 2011 on the Ruby. **edited to remove advertising***
Chello

Last edited by Kuki; August 7th, 2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: recommended a TA
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks ...sounds great. Guess I will have to post about my cruise when I return so you will know for next year's cruise.
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

sounds wonderful
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

we have 4 in our group that are going on the Ruby in Oct 2012, have you heard how this last repositioning cruise went?
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Familiar Face

We had a great time on our reposition curise on the Ruby Princess in Oct 2010. All the ports were great and the flight to Venice wonderful. Favorite ports were Cannes and Barcelona. Cannes was so clean much more than Rome and Naples both of which seemed to have garbage strikes as garbage everywhere and graffiti on a lot of walls.
Cannes did not have a bit of paper on the ground and so beautiful and peaceful. Barcelona took the Old city tour and was so interesting, included bus ride and walking.
Loved the 5 days at sea coming back to Ft. Lauderdale, seas were calm the whole time and so much to do on the ship. Will plan to take another repositioning cruise in the future. The Ruby is a great ship and will take here again in Jan for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
First Mate

Sounds like a great cruise, thanks for the info.
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

I suggested a transatlantic cruise such as this to a girlfriend. She said that a crewmember told her once that the youngest person they met on a transatlantic was 67 years old. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, as far as I am concerned :-D. Not so much for my girlfriend. We are much younger. What if a 30 or 40 something wanted to take a cruise like this? Can others who have done it comment as to the age group of these type cruises??
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Familiar Face

On the cruise we took from Venice to Ft Lauderdale there were all ages. Do not remember but a couple of small children (under school age) the rest varied from 20's to 60's and 70's. But not an old person cruise as some would say...we are in our 30's and had a wonderful time. Great entertainment and it changed part way into the cruise so you did not see the same singer and comedian the whole cruise. The production show cast did not change and was excellent. The food was great ..well except I would not eat breakfast in the buffet again..as many items were cold. We prefer the tranditional dining room for dinner and the other dining rooms for breakfast and lunch. Enjoy what ever cruise you take.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ah-hah. I'll have to let my girlfriend know!