Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Beginner

Smile Thinking of going on a Princess cruise with kids

My husband and I have been on Royal Caribean and Carnival cruises. My carnival cruise includeed my two kids. The cruise itself was great (extremely kids friendly-lots of stuff for the kids to do and lots of options for some time alone!!!) but the food was very average and the shows were also very average.

We would like to go on another cruise this winter with our two boys, 6 and 9 but are not sure if the Princess cruise line is very kid friendly, and will have better food and better entertainment?

If anyone can give us feedback who has kids and has been on Princess (or specifically the Ruby Princess), I would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In general, if you go during a winter vacation there would tend be more kids, but otherwise, I would, say there probably would be less kids, then on the RCI or carnival cruises you have enjoyed.

Princess has more of a laid back atmosphere, then RCI and Carnival, with kids programs, that get raves, as you know

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I will say, on my last Princess cruise the food was exceptionally good, especially loved the Horizon Court. Its always good for breakfast and lunch, but found dinner to be good and a lot less time over eating in the main dining room. We went to the main dining room at 6:30 and when it was time to go to the show, right after, there were no seats left, so we tried the buffet and had twice the time, food was just as good, and the service was excellent.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Princess is definately kid friendly, they have great kids programs. Anytime Dining is great for familys, and having the Horizon Court Buffet open 24 hrs is so convenient and the food is good too. I think that Princess does a better job in the over-all service department and have never had a bad meal, in fact always really good on Princess. Give Princess a try,
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:48 PM
First Mate

I think Princess is very kid friendly. They have events just for kids, and I think they have a kid zone only, no adults. They can also eat 24/7. Give them a try.
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM
First Mate

Depending on what week you go in the winter season there can be 100's of kids (Christmas week) or just 20 in the middle of January and February. Although Princess isn't noted for having as much for kids to do similar to RCI or Carnival they still have a decent program to keep them busy.
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Princess also limits the number of kids on each sailing, so while there could be plenty, never so many that is is overwhelming...

Message Boards Moderator