Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:07 PM
Passenger

Question Caribbean Princess vs. Carnival Miracle

I posted this under Carnival as well.

--
Next summer it may break down to a choice between these two ships.

My family group just did the Explorer OTS and we all had a great time.
We are looking to cruise again.

We are 4 married couples:

1. Aged: 43, 40 with 2 kids - who will be 6 and 9.
2. Aged 40 and 35 with 3 kids - twins, 5 and a 2 1/2 year old.
3. Parents set 1 - late 60s
4. Parents set 2 - late 60s

In regard to our ages and the kids ages and the fact we really enjoyed Explorer (I'd do it again), what is best suited for all of us?
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What are the ports of these two ships?? Have you considered any of the Freedom or Oasis class ships since you enjoyed Explorer so much?

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Passenger

The main factor was they are a short drive (less than an hour)and will save us from getting airfare. Enchantment is a consideration, but that is 5 hour drive.

I would like to go for more than 7 nights. With that as a factor, I know Princess gets an edge with 9 over 8. The ports don't matter as much to me, both do Turks.
(the other ports I have been to several times- as have the others).

So, I'm wondering about the ships themselves. I know the Miracle has a lot of glitz and is supposedly more lively. Caribbean Princess I have heard is a more impressive ship though not as active. Food is always a tossup with all people. What has more to offer all of us?

Kids programs on Princess? On the Miracle? Here is the only factor that may concern me with a smaller ship- kids programs and facilities suffer.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Caribbean Princess is a big ship, she is very lively lots to do, great kids programs, and yes she is not as glitzy as the Miracle, decor definatley more subdued, personally i feel that Princess does a better job when it comes to service and food quality and food service. Princess has Movies Under the Stars which is a neat feature, and Horizon Court Buffet is open 24/7 which is great, also the pools on Princess are fresh water. For adutls only - Midnight Champagne Waterfall on the last formal night - we loved this, it was a great way to end a great cruise, a real nice party
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
Caribbean Princess is a big ship, she is very lively lots to do, great kids programs, and yes she is not as glitzy as the Miracle, decor definatley more subdued, personally i feel that Princess does a better job when it comes to service and food quality and food service. Princess has Movies Under the Stars which is a neat feature, and Horizon Court Buffet is open 24/7 which is great, also the pools on Princess are fresh water. For adutls only - Midnight Champagne Waterfall on the last formal night - we loved this, it was a great way to end a great cruise, a real nice party
Thanks, Lisa.

This past summer we had to chose between the Miracle, the Caribbean Princess and the Explorer. After a lot of deliberating we came to the conclusion that the Explorer would be best for our group. Turned out to be a good decision.

My inlaws had originally had planned to go on the Caribbean Princess when we told them of our plan to cruise. They went along with what we decided. I was certainly worried that they would have been happier on the CP.

I think if they had gone alone it may have been better for them, but for all of us the Explorer worked out great. Now its time to find the next one.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Michael, sounds like you and your group are very open-minded, so why not give the Caribbean Princess a try
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Beginner

We just finished a very nice southern caribbean weeklong cruise on Caribbean Princess (CB). We had a great time. We have also been on Carnival ships 3 times before. I would say the food is at least as good on Carnival, cabins are comparable, the production shows were a bit better on Princess. The average age on Princess was older; many fewer young families, young singles, and middle age. I personally liked the younger crowd better.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Captain

I have sailed the Caribbean Princess before and in a few weeks will said on the Miracle. Give me some time and i will do a comparison for you!

Happy Sailings
Tim

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

We've sailed both ships extensively, and ordinarily I'd suggest that you and your gang might enjoy "Miracle" a bit better, but after sailing "Miracle" just a month ago, I REALLY think you will be well advised to sail the Caribbean Princess instead. "Miracle" has a cruise director aboard, (Malcolm Burn) and he's scheduled to be there at least through the majority of 2011, who just doesn't do his job. As a result, most of the activities, and music events are "screwed up" and even the trivia aboard was a mess. The Big Shows are still good, but the other acts are hit and miss. On the other hand, the last time we sailed "Caribbean Princess" we REALLY enjoyed our cruise, and I don't hesitate for a moment to recommend sailing on that ship.
Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"