Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Beginner

Default ruby princess dec 5th sailing/grand turk excursion

hi all
we are a family of 4(kids 7/10) and were looking to book a private excursion to Gibbs cay in grand turk where one can snorkel off the beach with sting rays and do some reef snorkelling as well. I have been in contact with a private operator(grandturkdiving-they get great reviews on trip advisor)) and have discovered it would cost $500 to charter a boat that would accomodate 12 people. They would stop at another snorkel site before going to Gibbs Cay and then go to the cay and would try to time it so that we would be there when the ship's tour isnt. Anyone who has done any private excursions knows that they are almost always better than an excursion thru the ship. (for example i am told that altho the time the ship lists for this excursion is 2hrs, you end up having only 1/2hr to 3/4 hr at the site)The ships excursion costs $50 p/p
We would have 4-6 people going, and are are looking for other cruisers who might be interested in joining us. Let me know
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It sounds that if you have a group of 12, this private one would be better, but if not, then its not cost effective. Does the company get a whole group together, or do you have to arrange that? If so, I'd do the ship excursion, especially if time is a factor. How much time do you have there?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Passenger

We just returned from from the Ruby. Grand Turk was nice but there was only 4 hours of daylight, the sun set was just after 5 pm. Not much time for a excursion