Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Beginner

Smile Rail Suggestons from Anchorage

My partner and I and another couple just booked Alaska cruise . May 18 dep out of Vancouver. I'd really like to take a train to Fairbanks from Anchorage, Does anyone have any suggestions? on train?

Also we are planning on staying two nites in Anchorage, we are looking at B&B's

We live in Toronto, our 5th cruise (3 times Princess, one norweigan and one nightmare cruise / never to be repeated was Carnival, stayed in a Suite the ship had just come out of drydock reburb and it was the ugliest / tiredest k - Mart experience.) Carnival turned us off cruising so much that we haven't cruised in 5 yrs, so hopefully this gets us back to doing one every couple of years. Princess w/o question has been very gay friendly, and service has been vg, consistantly, was really hoping to book a junior suite but the other couple talked us into booking adjoining rooms, apparetnly the balconies are a decent size (we are booked on the Island). Has anyone been on her before, any suggestions/ or must do would be most appreciated.

I know along way off, but Alaska cruises seem to bulk out quickly.

Kind Regards,
J
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Talking Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYNRV View Post
My partner and I and another couple just booked Alaska cruise . May 18 dep out of Vancouver. I'd really like to take a train to Fairbanks from Anchorage, Does anyone have any suggestions? on train?

...booking adjoining rooms, apparetnly the balconies are a decent size (we are booked on the Island). ...
Well, basically, Fairbanks and Anchorage are on opposite sides of Denali. So the common thing is to take the train from Fairbanks to the park, spend a couple of days there, and then take the train into Anchorage. I suppose you could do one continuous trip but it would be a shame to bypass Denali that way.

You can check the end part of our cruise tour which went from Fairbanks to Denali to Anchorage.

Alaska Cruisetour, Fairbanks to Denali

Balconies a decent size? Depends on your definition of decent. Two chairs with a small table between them is the size of a balcony. On most ships adjoining balconies can have the partition between them partly opened, but only partly, so it does not really make one big balco

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html