CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Well, I just booked another cruise... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/378769-well-i-just-booked-another-cruise.html)

Zack Adams December 16th, 2010 07:58 PM

Well, I just booked another cruise...

After a wonderful trip on the Carnival Dream with the kids (first time), we have decided to take them to see the wonders of the Panama Canal on the Island Princess Oct 10-20, 2011 :D This will be our FIRST trip in mini-suite and BALCONY:cool: My wife and I too a similar trip back in 1999 before the kids.We are really looking forward to it! Now need to work on a countdown clock!

MercedMike December 17th, 2010 12:38 PM

Booked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack Adams (Post 1335180)
After a wonderful trip on the Carnival Dream with the kids (first time), we have decided to take them to see the wonders of the Panama Canal on the Island Princess Oct 10-20, 2011 :D This will be our FIRST trip in mini-suite and BALCONY:cool: My wife and I too a similar trip back in 1999 before the kids.We are really looking forward to it! Now need to work on a countdown clock!

GRATZ, Zack!

The Canal is amazing, Princess is wonderful.

I know you will have a GREAT cruise!

LisaK December 17th, 2010 01:56 PM

The Panama Canal is an amazing trip, and mini-suites are the way to go.

Zack Adams December 18th, 2010 11:39 PM

Sure will be nice, last time we were in an inside cabin so the view will be a whole lot better:D

MercedMike December 19th, 2010 11:01 AM

The View

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack Adams (Post 1335627)
Sure will be nice, last time we were in an inside cabin so the view will be a whole lot better:D

Yes, BUT ...

As with the glaciers in Alaska, I seriously recommend you spend your time in the Canal, especially at the locks and in the Cut, out on deck where you can see everything that is happening.

Seems that whenever we try to use our balcony, the best stuff is always going on at the other side of the ship!

Zack Adams December 19th, 2010 12:41 PM

Yeah we plan on being wherever the action is :)

LisaK December 21st, 2010 10:07 AM

just be aware that the panama canal is tropical HOT, keep yourself and the kids well hydrated, make sure you ALL wear hats, sunglassess and sunscreen, we had folks pass out from the heat on our canal trip

Zack Adams December 22nd, 2010 11:43 AM

Thanks Lisa, I have never felt the Sun so hot as I did when in Cartagena, so good advice!

LisaK December 23rd, 2010 09:01 AM

you are welcome Zach, actually i think that the canal is hotter as in jungle heat/more humid than Cartagena

Kamloops Cruiser December 24th, 2010 07:16 PM

We did this cruise over Xmas in 2009 . Had a great time on the Island.