Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sapphire Princess - Forward Suites

We are going to Alaska in May and want to book a PS or VS suite. The PS suites are all the way forward and the VS are all the way aft. Has anyone been in a forward suite? I was wondering if it gets more wind in the front, of course is would be more than the back, but is it unbearble in the inside passage? Also, the brochure says that the aft suites have an obstructed view, has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any input anyone can give.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Admiral

We were upgraded on the Crown Princess to L107, the first suite in the front and it was the worse cabin. Yes it was a suite and we did enjoy the ammenities but the treadmills were directly above us so we woke up to the sound of horses in the morning and the wind was so bad on the balcony, the cabin steward had to remove the balcony furiture. We wrote Princess a very nice letter and received a small refund/credit for our "oceanview" cabin vs the mini-suite balcony cabin we paid for. We would have much preferred one in the aft.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks that really helps with my decision, I think I will stay midship
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We stayed in B756 on the Sapphire and also on the Diamond and I can tell you that their is not an obstruction in that cabin. It is one of the best cabins to have when in Alaska. The forward suites are very windy from what I understand. If you would like me to send you some pictures, I will be happy too.