Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Crown Princess, Mini-Suite?

First time poster. I have a question about the mini-suites on the Emerald deck (category AD). These staterooms appeal to my wife and me because the balconies are covered - somehow we can't get used to the idea of everyone being able to peer down on us when on the Dolphin deck. In any event, for those familiar with the Emerald deck mini-suites, is there a drawback to staying in them? Particulary, what about noise from the Fusion Club directly below? A second question... Obviously the ship was designed with mini-suites situated on the Dolphin deck where there are no covered balconies. While I'd think this was a design flaw, Princess must have known what it was doing. Are the open balconies really as bad as we think they are? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Familiar Face

I have never stayed in a Dolphin deck mini-suite, so I can't comment on those, but I have stayed in Emerald deck mini-suites at least five times and I love them! I have never been bothered by noise from Club Fusion and I can enjoy the balcony rain or shine. If you are concerned about the noise, choose the starboard side and the foreward-most AD minisuite as it should be farthest from the stage in Club Fusion.
Old February 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I booked a year in advance and turned down a two level upgrade to sail in E730 next month. Here's some video. I can hardly wait! I was in a mini-suite on Dolphin last year and never got used to looking up and seeing people looking down at me.
YouTube - Caribbean Princess - Mini-Suite - E730 - Suite Tour
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Admiral

We stayed in a mini-suite Dolphin deck on the Golden Princess, didn't have any issues with the open balconies, because in order for you to see up to the other balconies you had to stand up against the railing lean back and look-up, and to look down you hang over the railing. it was actually kinda neat on port sail-aways, because everyone was out on their balconies waving, having a good time
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've never really minded the uncovered Dolphin Deck minis. Kind of fun to stand or sit out there and talk to neighbors above.

To me the only drawback was no shade on the very hot days, but the extra balcony size was a plus.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks guys and ladies for your response. The comments and pictures were quite helpful. We decided to go with a mini on the Dolphin deck and have upgraded from our original Caribe balcony stateroom. My wife says the openess of the Dolphin deck won't be a distraction. We're looking forward to our cruise in July. Thanks again for your help.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

John,
Great video, loved it. I'm not sure about the club noise, but everything else about that cabin was wonderful, especially having a tub in the bathroom and the extra room on the balcony. Guess, its kind of a draw...

Message Boards Moderator