Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Question

Hi Guys,
Newbie Question

My Wife and I are going on our first Cruise on Princess May 26th. Our Cruise leaves the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in New York City. One of the things we are unsure about is whether we should drive into NY and park at the Terminal Parking Garage or pay for a Livery service, (prices so far look very expensive, around $600 for a round trip using a Livery service). We live in Northwest Connecticut, and I was told our drive would be about 2.5 hours if the traffic is not bad.

I called the Brooklyn Terminal and got a recording saying that they never fill up the parking garage and parking will not be a problem followed by instructions on how to unload at the terminal and then drive to the garage to park etc. Their fees are $23 the first day and $20 every day after. And for our 9 day Cruise, money wise thatís much cheaper.

I was wondering if anyone has parked their vehicle at the Brooklyn Terminal and how safe it was etc. and or would you recommend or know of a service from Connecticut to the Terminal that is not too expensive.

Thanks for any help,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Default Brooklyn Terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
Hi Guys,
Newbie Question

My Wife and I are going on our first Cruise on Princess May 26th. Our Cruise leaves the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in New York City. One of the things we are unsure about is whether we should drive into NY and park at the Terminal Parking Garage or pay for a Livery service, (prices so far look very expensive, around $600 for a round trip using a Livery service). We live in Northwest Connecticut, and I was told our drive would be about 2.5 hours if the traffic is not bad.

I called the Brooklyn Terminal and got a recording saying that they never fill up the parking garage and parking will not be a problem followed by instructions on how to unload at the terminal and then drive to the garage to park etc. Their fees are $23 the first day and $20 every day after. And for our 9 day Cruise, money wise thatís much cheaper.

I was wondering if anyone has parked their vehicle at the Brooklyn Terminal and how safe it was etc. and or would you recommend or know of a service from Connecticut to the Terminal that is not too expensive.

Thanks for any help,
Ken
I lived in Brooklyn 59 years and I would NOT leave a car in that area for more than several hours .Do you know anyone residing in NYC where you can leave your car ? I would also check with as many car service companies as possible in your area .Another suggestion ,possibly get a friend or relative to drive you to the area .
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite

Hi,
We are returning the day you begin! This is our 3rd cruise on the Caribbean Princess, love her. We live in Wolcott, Ct and use Ferrazzi limo. They are from waterbury. They have the most reasonable prices. I haven't called yet this yr, but we usually pay $200-$250 for a town car and $400 for a limo. Check them out. Are you doing the NE-Canada cruise or it is changing venues that day? Our last 2 cruises on this ship was to the Caribbean & Bermuda. Have a wonderful time, if you have any questions please feel free to E Mail me at missmargy@aol.com.
Marguerite
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Hi,
We are returning the day you begin! This is our 3rd cruise on the Caribbean Princess, love her. We live in Wolcott, Ct and use Ferrazzi limo. They are from waterbury. They have the most reasonable prices. I haven't called yet this yr, but we usually pay $200-$250 for a town car and $400 for a limo. Check them out. Are you doing the NE-Canada cruise or it is changing venues that day? Our last 2 cruises on this ship was to the Caribbean & Bermuda. Have a wonderful time, if you have any questions please feel free to E Mail me at missmargy@aol.com.
Marguerite
Marguerite,
Thanks for all your great feedback!
We are doing the Caribbean cruise and I will email you a few questions in the near future, if you don't mind.
Thanks,
Ken
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite

Hi Ken,
You are quite welcome and please do E Mail me, I love answering questions about cruising! Our friends just called & they are coming with us, let the games begin!This is the first time I have planned a trip so quickly! I am retiring in a month so we have some celebrating to do.
Marg
Old April 24th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I live in Brooklyn about ten minutes from the port. Hundreds of cruisers park there every week and the lot is in a secure area. If you're willing to leave your car in an airport lot, I wouldn't hesitate to leave it at the port in Brooklyn. Everything I've read has mentioned having good experiences with the parking there.