CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   New to Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/382325-new-princess.html)

showcat May 6th, 2011 03:14 AM

New to Princess

Just booked my 1st Princess cruise on the Crown Princess I'm very excited! What things are a must do, must try, or must see on this line? How does it differ from Carnival?

Donna May 6th, 2011 09:46 AM

You may be pleasantly suprised with your Princess cruise....The decor is very tasteful and more of an elegant feel to it. What is your itinary?

Be sure to go to the champaign waterfall on one of the formal evening, something to see and enjoy.

MercedMike May 6th, 2011 12:02 PM

Princess

You will love Princess.

One thing we never miss is dinner at Sabatini's one night. This is a great experience. It is a "tasting" menu so you get samples of a great many appetizers, pastas and pizzas, PLUS your main course!

Check our trip report at Sapphire Princess Cruise Review for a picture of our dinner at Sabatini's and a link to the menu.

Have a GREAT cruise!

showcat May 6th, 2011 03:37 PM

My ports are Princess Cay's, Curacao, and Aruba thanks for the info!

Donna May 6th, 2011 09:20 PM

Very nice ports, you will certainly enjoy them, have a ball!

Ryan N Olivia May 6th, 2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showcat (Post 1369616)
Just booked my 1st Princess cruise on the Crown Princess I'm very excited! What things are a must do, must try, or must see on this line? How does it differ from Carnival?

Showcat,

This is probably one of the best websites I have ever browsed. Some of the information is a little outdated and not all ships are represented. However, in your case the Crown Princess is represented. This link has information about menus to all restaurants, the Princess Patter program, and photos.

Crown Princess - cruise ship profile and guide

I've sailed on the Crown before, I based on my experience I can assure you that you are in for a real treat. Enjoy.

showcat May 7th, 2011 12:59 AM

Thanks for the link Ryan and Olivia! First time at those ports for me Donna any recomendations?

DeepSpace May 7th, 2011 01:58 AM

Welcome to Princess, and I hope you enjoy your cruise, you are headed to some very nice ports. Have fun.☺

richstacy May 13th, 2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showcat (Post 1369616)

I think you will like Princess very much. It's a bit upscale from Carnival. One of the best places for people watching before dinner on the Crown is Crooners Martini Lounge amidships where you can see everything and everybody! Very pleasant!:)

One of the great things about that ship is that, even though it is a large ship, the layout is such that you never feel crowded.

poppadock May 13th, 2011 11:54 PM

U must get a cab & tour Aruba it is beautiful.

green_rd May 14th, 2011 10:12 AM

The shows we saw in the Explorers Lounge were a little more eclectic than the big theater. If you have an interest in art I believe the Princess art program is far superior to Park West.

RichC May 15th, 2011 07:58 AM

In Curacao you can walk downtown without any problems for any shopping and in Aruba you can catch a bus to the beaches for around $2.50 p/p round trip very easily.

Trip May 15th, 2011 08:52 AM

You could try a jeep tour, quite polular in this port. Of course the natural bridge which was such a popular spot, is no more, but you can visit Charlies Bar, with 100's of artifacts hanging from the ceiling, and, drive around on your own to check out the island.

This is an arid island, so the topography is quite different then the lush, green Caribbean ports we are used to.