CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   booked on Princess for first time (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/382791-booked-princess-first-time.html)

Thoth May 30th, 2011 03:07 AM

booked on Princess for first time

I'm a Carnival and Holland America man, but I wish to give another cruise-line a try, so I've booked on the Golden Princess for next year.
Yes...I have awhile to wait, but I'm excited to be on a different ship lay-out for a change. I look forward to a different skit...so to speak...meaning different activities and/or shows.
If one has been on one Carnival ship, you might as well say that you have been on them all. Holland has two kinds of ships...basically with one exception.
Ships today are so cookie cutter and I know that Princess too has cookie cutters too. The Golden Princess has two identical sisters and are suppose to be very similar to some other classes in the fleet.
At least, Ill be on a cookie of a differing shape. LOL

Donna May 30th, 2011 10:18 AM

Oh Thoth,
I think you will be pleasantly suprised as to how nice cruising on Princess will be. While at first, you'll hate they layout of this class ship, but can get used to it. I found the food to be really good, even in Horizon Court, even had dinner in there a few nights...Pools are fresh water, oh, so nice...

Where will you be cruising on Golden?

Thoth May 30th, 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1373682)
Oh Thoth,
I think you will be pleasantly suprised as to how nice cruising on Princess will be. While at first, you'll hate they layout of this class ship, but can get used to it. I found the food to be really good, even in Horizon Court, even had dinner in there a few nights...Pools are fresh water, oh, so nice...

Where will you be cruising on Golden?

I will be on an Alaskan cruise, my third. There is just so much to do in Alaska that is intellectually fulfilling. The Caribbean itineraries tend to offer beaches and I'm not much on beaches.
As far as the Princess layout...it does look confusing. That's alright though since I get lost all the time anyway...like trying to find the AFT restaurant on a Carnival ship. :roll:

Donna May 30th, 2011 01:42 PM

You just have to go up or down to get around the dinning room/galley when going from forward to aft. Once you understand that, its easy.

Thoth May 30th, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1373740)
You just have to go up or down to get around the dinning room/galley when going from forward to aft. Once you understand that, its easy.

Yeah, even though the dining room is on deck 4, one must go to deck 5 and then go back down.
I guess they have to put that galley somewhere, don't they ?
No galley...no food. :mrgreen:

KDGodwin June 26th, 2011 07:39 AM

I am also booked on the Golden Princess Inside Passage next year. It is my first time not using Carnival. Very exciting! :p

Thoth June 26th, 2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDGodwin (Post 1378186)
I am also booked on the Golden Princess Inside Passage next year. It is my first time not using Carnival. Very exciting! :p

Cool, I guess we are in the same boat then...no pun intended. :rolleyes:
I have wait until September of 2012 for Princess, but I haven't finished with Carnival just yet. Fantasy to Bermuda THIS September.

KDGodwin June 27th, 2011 04:45 AM

Us too. We sail Sept 8 2012. It's a long way away, but I have fun planning everything out until then. :)

Thoth June 30th, 2011 12:55 AM

Anticipation ...That is all part of the fun.