CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Complimentary Internet Access??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/383234-complimentary-internet-access.html)

Gazelle2 June 20th, 2011 03:10 PM

Complimentary Internet Access???

According to the Princess FAQs, "Plus – Platinum and Elite Captain’s Circle members benefit from credit toward Internet Café packages while full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary Internet access."

I have a couple of questions concerning the complimentary internet access for full suites.

1. Does this include in-cabin wireless service or is it restricted to the Internet Cafe?

2. Is there a limit to the amount of internet service that is really "complimentary?"

Thanks in advance ... Gazelle2 :D

Trip June 20th, 2011 03:17 PM

1. Does this include in-cabin wireless service or is it restricted to the Internet Cafe?
In cabin use as well....

2. Is there a limit to the amount of internet service that is really "complimentary?"

If there is no time amount given I would think it would be for the length of the cruise, but never assuming is a good policy:)

kandajones June 20th, 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazelle2 (Post 1377277)

I can't say for Suite Pax, but for Plat/Elite members, according to the Princess Website under Captain's Circle the times are ...

Complimentary Internet Packages
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATIONMINUTESVALUE7 days or less150$758-20 days250$10021+ days500$200

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

Alan & Katrina

Trip June 20th, 2011 03:56 PM

I can never believe how fast the complimentary internet time goes by! I know on the when I was on the Magic we had problems, and they were going to be adding more bandwith.

kandajones June 20th, 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1377315)
I can never believe how fast the complimentary internet time goes by!

Not to mention how frustrating it is when they lose signal, but I guess it is a miracle we ever get a signal whilst at sea, I mean at work I am only 20 feet away from our nearest connection point & can rarely get a signal :-?

Alan

Gazelle2 June 20th, 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1377308)
I can't say for Suite Pax, but for Plat/Elite members, according to the Princess Website under Captain's Circle the times are ...

Complimentary Internet Packages
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATIONMINUTESVALUE7 days or less150$758-20 days250$10021+ days500$200

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

Alan & Katrina

Katrina and Alan, :D

Thank you very much for your answer. This is probably the same allowance they give to suites.

Gazelle2

MercedMike June 22nd, 2011 02:31 PM

Internet access

Bear in mind that internet access on board is frustratingly slow, either in the Internet Cafe or in lounges or in cabin (if available). Availability of cabin access is variable from ship to ship. On most ships the suit passenger's lounge has wireless access.