Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Smile Caribbean Princess-Canada/New England

Looking for any info i can get on getting to and from Brooklyn Cruise Port from Laguardia . We also have considered doing a post Cruise tour of some sort because we have a 4:00pm flight out of Laguardia. Does anyone know of any companies that do a pickup at port and tour and then a drop off at airport ?

Appreciate any help given ....Carol
Voyager -Nov09
Celebrity Summit - Jan09
Carnival Legend - Sept08
Serenade of the Seas - Feb07,May09
Celebrity Infinity - Aug06
Adventure of the Seas - Feb08,Jan06,Sept06
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Talking Tour and transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmom View Post
Looking for any info i can get on getting to and from Brooklyn Cruise Port from Laguardia . We also have considered doing a post Cruise tour of some sort because we have a 4:00pm flight out of Laguardia. Does anyone know of any companies that do a pickup at port and tour and then a drop off at airport ?

Appreciate any help given ....Carol
Very often, the ship will offer a tour and transfer on disembarkation. They take you on a tour of the city, and drop you off at the airport in time for your flight. Frequently these will be listed in the online tour offerings, but sometimes they are only bookable onboard.

OTOH, we love to "play rich" and get a limo from the airport to the ship, and then have that limo waiting for us when we disembark. It is so much fun to bypass all the people waiting for cabs and buses and have the driver open the door of the limo for us! The limo business is very competitive and it usually is not very much more than a cab or the bus transfers.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the reply Mike , yes the private Limo would be an excellent choice if i win a Lotto beforehand...lol

I did look on the Princess site for the excursion and they did not list any post tours , just tours if it is a port stop. I guess i will have to call Princess or try and find a company that will do something locally.

Thanks Again
Voyager -Nov09
Celebrity Summit - Jan09
Carnival Legend - Sept08
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Talking Limo and Lotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmom View Post
Thanks for the reply Mike , yes the private Limo would be an excellent choice if i win a Lotto beforehand...lol
Well, I just took a look at La Guardia Limo prices and from La Guardia to NYC a town car is ....

ready for this? ...

ONLY $50!!

You really don't have to win the Lotto. Lots of people are surprised that limos are very competitive with taxis, and even with bus transfers. We love to "play rich"!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default LaGuardia to NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
Well, I just took a look at La Guardia Limo prices and from La Guardia to NYC a town car is ....

ready for this? ...

ONLY $50!!

You really don't have to win the Lotto. Lots of people are surprised that limos are very competitive with taxis, and even with bus transfers. We love to "play rich"!
Laguardia is IN NYC . Taking a limo from LaGuardia to midtown Manhattan is at least $75 .That does not include the tip and YOUR cost to pay the toll for the Queens-Midtown Tunnel.
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question Cruise Transfers

At this point Mike i think i am just going to book the Cruise Transfer one way from the airport to the pier . Much less hassle !!

I am more interested now in finding out if there is a tour we can do from the Port at the end of the Cruise. We have a 4PM flight and would hate to have to sit in the Airport all day .

If there is anyone that can help with this , please let me know...

Thanks Carol
Voyager -Nov09
Celebrity Summit - Jan09
Carnival Legend - Sept08