CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Lets go (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/383481-lets-go.html)

Dhill July 2nd, 2011 11:35 AM

Lets go

We just received a book in the mail from Princecc Cruises with some pretty good deals in it! You can go on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise for $499 for an inside cabin 0r $699 for a balcony. Thats cheaper then some of the Carnival cruises. Dont you love cruising I mean what a deal where else can you go on vacation for that kind of money?And have all your food incluced with entertament?I mean just a motel for seven nights could cost more than that heaven knows how much you would spend for food in 7 days!:)

Donna July 2nd, 2011 04:08 PM

Yep, there are some good deals to be had, as long as you can go in their time frame, can't beat it. So, what did you book :-)

fun2cruiz July 2nd, 2011 04:57 PM

While there are some good deals to be had for certain, it also depends when the dates for those deals are. Also, factor in taxes, gratuities, drinks, excursions, shopping, etc... and possible airfare........those "low starting prices" can quickly escalate well above ones first impressions ! That $699.00 balcony can quickly change to in excess of $1,000 + per person !

Dhill July 2nd, 2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1379371)
Yep, there are some good deals to be had, as long as you can go in their time frame, can't beat it. So, what did you book :-)

We are still deceiding what cruise we want to do we are thinking of a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. We would like to go on a 10 day cruise out of San Fransico that stops at Catalina Island then heads down to Mexico but we dont know if its the right time to do that.But were having fun looking around trying to deceide:)

Dhill July 2nd, 2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2cruiz (Post 1379376)
While there are some good deals to be had for certain, it also depends when the dates for those deals are. Also, factor in taxes, gratuities, drinks, excursions, shopping, etc... and possible airfare........those "low starting prices" can quickly escalate well above ones first impressions ! That $699.00 balcony can quickly change to in excess of $1,000 + per person !

Thats true, But it would end up costing even more if the base price started out higher.You are going to end up paying for taxes, grtuities,drinks shopping, air fare,and all the otherstuff that goes along with cruising no matter what the base price is. If the balcony started out at $899 then it would end up being $1200+pp:)

fun2cruiz July 2nd, 2011 06:38 PM

your point was that you saw some great rates.... I agree they are good, but often an inexperienced cruiser will not realize the extra add-ons that catch them by surprise and that the cruises at those rates may be at less than desirable dates, or when they inquire those rates may be for less than desirable staterooms i.e. obstructed, partially obstruted, etc.... And many times when those brochures are printed, the fares are available, only to find out when you receive the notification and inquire, the staterooms at that starting rate are sold out or the promo is no longer effective, etc !

Fern July 2nd, 2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2cruiz (Post 1379395)
And many times when those brochures are printed, the fares are available, only to find out when you receive the notification and inquire, the staterooms at that starting rate are sold out or the promo is no longer effective, etc !

I agree. The one time I checked on prices from a mailed brochure, the cabin's were long gone. Be sure to get out your magnifying glass and read the fine print :D! It usually says "selected sailings, capacity controlled". "Capacity" is the one that'll get 'ya!

Then again, if you can sail on the date(s) available and they haven't sold out, you can probably get a great deal. Someone has to get them, right:confused: