CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Caribbean ports (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/384450-princess-caribbean-ports.html)

silverbolt August 20th, 2011 03:30 AM

Princess Caribbean ports

I'll be sailing on the Emerald Princess to Southern Caribbean.

The following ports are:

*Princess Cays, Bahamas
*St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
*Dominica
*Grenada
*Bonaire
*Aruba

Which of these ports can passengers just get off the ship and enjoy immediately the surrounding area?

I imagine Princess Cays is a resort area that is located right off the ship (well after the ride on the tender)?

Thanks for your input.

Kamloops Cruiser August 20th, 2011 05:13 PM

When are going? We are on the cruise on Nov 08/11.
If your first cruise I would recommend using ship tours .

silverbolt August 20th, 2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydozer (Post 1388328)
When are going? We are on the cruise on Nov 08/11.
If your first cruise I would recommend using ship tours .

Going on Oct 19th.

Trip August 20th, 2011 07:23 PM

Princess Cays, Bahamas Don't remember..:(
*St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands /Dock
*Dominica / Dock
*Grenada/Tender
*Bonaire Never been
*Aruba/Dock

poppadock August 21st, 2011 01:22 PM

poppadock

Aruba & St Thomas for sure,enjoy your cruise. :D

RichC August 21st, 2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbolt (Post 1388330)
Going on Oct 19th.

I think you meant Oct 18 th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbolt (Post 1388224)
I'll be sailing on the Emerald Princess to Southern Caribbean.

The following ports are:

*Princess Cays, Bahamas- Tender
*St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands- Probably docking at Crown bay & there's not much shopping close by but it's easy to get trans to any beach or even walk if you want.
*Dominica
*Grenada
*Bonaire
*Aruba - Very easy to catch a local bus to the beach.

Which of these ports can passengers just get off the ship and enjoy immediately the surrounding area?

I imagine Princess Cays is a resort area that is located right off the ship (well after the ride on the tender)?Right.

Thanks for your input.

LisaK August 22nd, 2011 11:17 AM

Princess Cays is the cruiselines private island - its a beach party day, you can just plunk yourself down on a beach lounge and do nothing or you can partake of lots of the activites going on.
St. Thomas - beach/shopping day, you can grab a cab to any of the many beaches on St.Thomas proper, but if you want to do some snorkeling i would suggest getting the ferry over to St. John Island - St.John is breathtaking.
Grenada - has one of the most beautiful beaches ever, or you can do a ships tour to the spice plantations, very interesting.

Trip August 22nd, 2011 11:41 AM

Grande Anse Beach in Grenada, has won the best beach award for years. It's really pretty,and St. George's harbor is just so quaint..I loved it! Be careful when you cross the street, as they drive on the "wrong" side".:) The policemen there will be on your case, to make sure you don't get run over. Here is a utube view of coming into the harbor..

View from P&O Oceana St George's Harbour, Grenada - YouTube

I will say that the most agressive cab drivers I have ever seen are right there..they will walk along side of you to try and get your business.I almost turned around and went back on the ship. I am so glad I didn't go.

We took an island tour, went up to see the nutmeg factory, Grand Anse,and, just traveled around. If the market is open in town, check it our..on our day there, sadly it was closed. I had seen it on tv many times,and I wished I could have seen the scene:)

LisaK August 22nd, 2011 01:16 PM

Grand Anse Beach in Grenada thats the name that i couldn't think of lol, thanks Trip, it is a gorgeous beach

silverbolt August 22nd, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1388563)
I think you meant Oct 18 th.

No I'm pretty sure we're sailing on Oct 19th.