CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Caribbean vs. RCL Adv of the Seas??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/384671-princess-caribbean-vs-rcl-adv-seas.html)

Golden1 August 31st, 2011 12:20 PM

Princess Caribbean vs. RCL Adv of the Seas???

I booked a week So. Caribbean with Princess but I see an RCL cruise for $600 less. There are the same amount of Ports, but it seems Princess's are better ports. Has anyone cruised on RCL? Would it be worth it to switch?:confused:

LisaK August 31st, 2011 12:47 PM

It is so difficult to compare, but you kind of answered your own question when you said that Princess has better ports than Royal Caribbean. Both beautiful big ships, it all depends upon what you are looking for in your cruise experience. For me Princess has the edge over Royal Caribbean when it comes to personal service and food

Donna August 31st, 2011 02:28 PM

What are the ports each is stopping at? What ones are better?

Golden1 September 1st, 2011 10:52 AM

Princess - St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba
Royal - St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. Johns, Barbados, and St. Lucia.
It just seems to me that the Princess ports have more tour/activity options. Plus, I've never been on a Royal ship so I am not sure how it differs from Princess.
Opinions are appreciated!

Donna September 1st, 2011 04:07 PM

Actually both itinaries look absolutely wonderful, tough decision to pick. I think there are plenty of excursions for all these islands. You can go to the different cruiseline's web-sites and look through that tours they offer and find some that you want to do..

Is there any difference in price between these two ships?

green_rd September 1st, 2011 10:49 PM

$600 price difference.

Remember the rates may reflect different sailing weeks as well as categories of available cabins. Another thing the has an effect on the cruise prices is are the port charges leveed by each port - the cruise lines can not change these.

nmnita September 2nd, 2011 02:00 PM

First of all, the intinery is usually the thing we look for the most, and then price. As for the 2 lines, everyone has a different opinion and yes, most mass marketed lines are more alike than different, but I would take Princess over RCI. I happen to think the food is better for starters. I have read your listing of ports, both look like good choices.

Nita

Golden1 September 2nd, 2011 02:02 PM

Ah. I see. Very good insight. $600 is a lot of money, however, I am finding that Royal's Excursions are WAY more expensive than Princess. So, in the end, with 5 ports each, there may not be very much difference at all.

travelingboylh@hotmail.co September 3rd, 2011 04:43 AM

Princess is a step or two above RCCL.....food....service ...passengers are a little older