CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess cruises out of New York (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/385262-princess-cruises-out-new-york.html)

kseltzer October 1st, 2011 11:38 AM

Princess cruises out of New York

I went on Princess site. I started a search for cruises out of New York. Is Princess cuttin out or back the number of cruises from New York?

Spartan kent October 1st, 2011 11:59 AM

End of the season I think, Crown Princess sails up to Quebec then sails back down to Miami for the winter

silverbolt October 2nd, 2011 06:35 PM

Usually the Princess cruises out of NYC go to the New England destinations. I think they might have a 4-day Bermuda sampler scheduled for October next year.

richsea October 2nd, 2011 11:16 PM

Alas, it appears that Princess has abandoned New York City. Nothing is scheduled beyond October 2011

silverbolt October 3rd, 2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsea (Post 1395232)
Alas, it appears that Princess has abandoned New York City. Nothing is scheduled beyond October 2011

You mean October 2012? :)

LisaK October 3rd, 2011 09:27 AM

Cruise lines won't sail out of New York in the fall, its too cold, come spring time they will start up again from New York

richsea October 4th, 2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbolt (Post 1395235)
You mean October 2012? :)

No, 2011. The last scheduled Princess sailing from NYC is October 20, 2011. It has nothing to do with the NY autumn or winter weather. They have abandoned NYC. According to the Princess website, no sailings are scheduled for beyond that at this time.

LisaK October 4th, 2011 09:07 AM

Princess is still sailing out of NewYork in 2011-2012. I just went onto their web site, yes the sailings are limited to Bermuda, Europe and New England/Canada

richsea October 4th, 2011 12:34 PM

You're right Lisa. My bad. I was looking at spring/summer of 2012 from NY to the Caribbean, starting my search by using Caribbean as the destination. CP returns from Europe to NY for a series of 7 day NE sailings in October 2012, followed by a strange 4 day sailing to Bermuda, & a 10 day sailing to the Caribbean for what I assume will be her 2012 winter San Juan home.

Spartan kent October 6th, 2011 12:49 PM

I shall be sailing from NY on 22 nd around 5.00pm en route from Quebec to Miami :D

Bruce Chafkin1 October 14th, 2011 09:51 PM

All the major lines are cutting back on sailings from NYC to the Caribbean.
The price of fuel is the primary culprit.
Despite generally free-spending New Yorkers, the additional revenues do not offset the rapidly escalating fuel costs.

Another issue that passengers do not consider is wear and tear on the ships.
The trip - at relatively high speeds - up and down the US East Coast, is often a rough one. These repeated high speed runs really beat up the ship and result in escalated maintenance costs.

In the final analysis, it is more cost effective to base the ships in Florida, save the fuel and maintenance issues, and have a guaranteed full ship every trip.