Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default How to Celebrate a 90th birthday on a cruise

We will be sailing on ruby princess in march for my father in laws 90th bd.
Any ideas on how we can make this special. I think we will eat in Sabatinis that night which is formal night. What else can we do??
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can let Priness know about the birthday you want to celebrate, and may-be a mention at the show after dinner, could be a nice touch. Have fun! Can't think of a nicer way to celebrate a birthday!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
First Mate

You can take a nice family picture or two. Princess does a wonderful job taking photos and on formal nite the backdrops are beautiful.
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:49 AM
Familiar Face

We celebrated my Mom's 80th b'day on the Golden six years ago. Our travel agent knew that we were taking the trip to celebrate and passed the info onto Princess. We chose to celebrate the first formal night and balloons appeared outside her door along with a Happy Birthday sign that morning. We made sure our waiters knew it was her b'day and she was treated like a queen -- all week! If I remember correctly, she had a special dessert with a candle in it and was serenaded by the wait staff and people from the other tables around us. We always let passengers/room stewards/etc know it was her birthday and she basked in all the attention she received. It was a wonderful trip for her (and her daughters that took her on it). The funny part about the week was everyone thought she was 90 and kept on telling her how wonderful she looked and how it was so wonderful that she was so active. We don't know how '90' started, but it became a family joke during the week and long after. We kept her quite busy on Catamarans, the beaches, tours, the pool, etc. and she had a wonderful time and napped almost every afternoon, whether at the pool or in the room.

We just booked on the Grand for March 2012 to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday - she is so excited! Of course we are too. I hope she has just as great as time as my Mom and I wish the same for your FIL.