CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   age of people on coral princess and emerald princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/385374-age-people-coral-princess-emerald-princess.html)

efarmerbilly October 8th, 2011 05:37 PM

age of people on coral princess and emerald princess

we are 51 and 54.........want to do coral princess........are we going to feel old on this cruise?......we dont want the party all night kind of crowd...but at the same time we dont want to be with mostly 70 year olds......would emerald princess be better suited for us, or would it be the same

fun2cruiz October 8th, 2011 07:02 PM

Depends on the itinerary and length of cruise....time of year crusing..... lottasa variables. One ship should be no different than the other unless comparing a different length of cruise, itinerary or time of year cruising. Cruise "ships" are not specific to age of passenger within any cruiseline just because of the name.

Given your ages, you could feel comfortable on pretty much any "mass market" cruiseline if considering a 7 - 10 night cruise.

silverbolt October 9th, 2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efarmerbilly (Post 1396115)
we are 51 and 54.........want to do coral princess........are we going to feel old on this cruise?......we dont want the party all night kind of crowd...but at the same time we dont want to be with mostly 70 year olds......would emerald princess be better suited for us, or would it be the same

I'll be on the Emerald next week to the Caribbean. I'll let you know about the age range from what I observe. :) I think you two will be fine on the Princess.

Mike M October 9th, 2011 07:52 AM

In terms of age demographic the length of cruise, itinerary and time of year has much more to do with it than the individual ship.

Your age is about the mid level for just about any seven day, Princess, Caribbean cruise.

Both ships are lovely and you will be happy with either of them. My personal preference would be the Coral. I love the layout of the Coral and Island Princess and I find them to be the perfect size.

Take care,
Mike

RichC October 9th, 2011 01:36 PM

Definitely stay with the shorter cruises if you want to avoid the old people. Princess attracts a much older crowd than NCL, RCCL or Carnival. We've been on some 10 & 14 day trips where the average age was almost 70. On one cruise they even shut down the free ice cream at 9 PM since people were either at dinner, shows or sleeping that late.

Spartan kent October 9th, 2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1396229)
Definitely stay with the shorter cruises if you want to avoid the old people. Princess attracts a much older crowd than NCL, RCCL or Carnival. We've been on some 10 & 14 day trips where the average age was almost 70. On one cruise they even shut down the free ice cream at 9 PM since people were either at dinner, shows or sleeping that late.

Thanks for calling me old http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/old.gif
April last year we sailed from Crete on the Ocean village the first week sailed to Venice lots of pensioners the secound on to Eygyt it was a much younger group of passengers
Last October sailed on The Oceana and was surprised at the number of younger cruisers in their thirties.
This year sailed on the Independence of the seas in late January/Feb 18 nights around the western med most of the passengers were old, Then March on The Azura from Barbados most were middle aged, next trip is Crown Princess from Quebec to Miami and I expect an older group. :D
It is the time of the year and the itinerary on most ships that affects the passenger mix unless you are sailing Saga :D

Golden1 October 12th, 2011 05:34 PM

I've went on the Crown Princess when I turned 40. I wasnt uncomfortable at all. It also seemed like there werent a lot of kids roaming around. I felt I was about the average age. It was nice.

silverbolt November 6th, 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efarmerbilly (Post 1396115)

Just came back not too long ago from the 10-day Emerald to the Caribbean. I would say that you two will fit in nicely on the Emerald. I would say the median age is around 55-60 so you'll be looking a bit younger than most. :)

poppadock November 7th, 2011 03:21 PM

I have never worryed about some one's age, I cruise because I love to do so.If a person is pleasant & enjoyable that is it for me, I know I will have a fun time. I just love to cruise, I to will become OLD one day but for now 67 is good. :)

john_galt November 8th, 2011 09:56 AM

I was on the Emerald last year. You should fit in fine on either ship. We always take care to avoid booking during holidays and spring break in order to avoid as many children/teenagers as possible! As another poster noted, any 7 - 10 cruise will work well.

My only odd experience was on Celebrity. Unbeknownst to us, we were booked on a themed cruise. The majority of the people on the ship were there for a Mahjong tournament. Odd group but very entertaining at meals...

sunluva7 November 8th, 2011 02:59 PM

You will be fine on either ship. Any ship with longer cruises (14+), especially the exotic destinations (Tahiti, south seas ... ) will attract a more mature crowd, but in the Caribbean you will have a nice balance of fellow passengers.

If you do cruise at a time when kids or teens might be cruising, and you want to avoid them, it's best to go with the smaller ship. The larger ships with the most activities attract more families and young people.