Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default age of people on coral princess and emerald princess

we are 51 and 54.........want to do coral princess........are we going to feel old on this cruise?......we dont want the party all night kind of crowd...but at the same time we dont want to be with mostly 70 year olds......would emerald princess be better suited for us, or would it be the same
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Depends on the itinerary and length of cruise....time of year crusing..... lottasa variables. One ship should be no different than the other unless comparing a different length of cruise, itinerary or time of year cruising. Cruise "ships" are not specific to age of passenger within any cruiseline just because of the name.

Given your ages, you could feel comfortable on pretty much any "mass market" cruiseline if considering a 7 - 10 night cruise.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by efarmerbilly View Post
we are 51 and 54.........want to do coral princess........are we going to feel old on this cruise?......we dont want the party all night kind of crowd...but at the same time we dont want to be with mostly 70 year olds......would emerald princess be better suited for us, or would it be the same
I'll be on the Emerald next week to the Caribbean. I'll let you know about the age range from what I observe. I think you two will be fine on the Princess.
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

In terms of age demographic the length of cruise, itinerary and time of year has much more to do with it than the individual ship.

Your age is about the mid level for just about any seven day, Princess, Caribbean cruise.

Both ships are lovely and you will be happy with either of them. My personal preference would be the Coral. I love the layout of the Coral and Island Princess and I find them to be the perfect size.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Definitely stay with the shorter cruises if you want to avoid the old people. Princess attracts a much older crowd than NCL, RCCL or Carnival. We've been on some 10 & 14 day trips where the average age was almost 70. On one cruise they even shut down the free ice cream at 9 PM since people were either at dinner, shows or sleeping that late.
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Definitely stay with the shorter cruises if you want to avoid the old people. Princess attracts a much older crowd than NCL, RCCL or Carnival. We've been on some 10 & 14 day trips where the average age was almost 70. On one cruise they even shut down the free ice cream at 9 PM since people were either at dinner, shows or sleeping that late.
Thanks for calling me old
April last year we sailed from Crete on the Ocean village the first week sailed to Venice lots of pensioners the secound on to Eygyt it was a much younger group of passengers
Last October sailed on The Oceana and was surprised at the number of younger cruisers in their thirties.
This year sailed on the Independence of the seas in late January/Feb 18 nights around the western med most of the passengers were old, Then March on The Azura from Barbados most were middle aged, next trip is Crown Princess from Quebec to Miami and I expect an older group.
It is the time of the year and the itinerary on most ships that affects the passenger mix unless you are sailing Saga
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've went on the Crown Princess when I turned 40. I wasnt uncomfortable at all. It also seemed like there werent a lot of kids roaming around. I felt I was about the average age. It was nice.
Old November 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by efarmerbilly View Post
Just came back not too long ago from the 10-day Emerald to the Caribbean. I would say that you two will fit in nicely on the Emerald. I would say the median age is around 55-60 so you'll be looking a bit younger than most.
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default AGE

I have never worryed about some one's age, I cruise because I love to do so.If a person is pleasant & enjoyable that is it for me, I know I will have a fun time. I just love to cruise, I to will become OLD one day but for now 67 is good.
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Emerald last year. You should fit in fine on either ship. We always take care to avoid booking during holidays and spring break in order to avoid as many children/teenagers as possible! As another poster noted, any 7 - 10 cruise will work well.

My only odd experience was on Celebrity. Unbeknownst to us, we were booked on a themed cruise. The majority of the people on the ship were there for a Mahjong tournament. Odd group but very entertaining at meals...
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Familiar Face

You will be fine on either ship. Any ship with longer cruises (14+), especially the exotic destinations (Tahiti, south seas ... ) will attract a more mature crowd, but in the Caribbean you will have a nice balance of fellow passengers.

If you do cruise at a time when kids or teens might be cruising, and you want to avoid them, it's best to go with the smaller ship. The larger ships with the most activities attract more families and young people.
08/02/2012 ~
Ocean Princess, Ireland & Scotland
~~
07/29/2013 ~ Royal Princess ~ Grand Mediterranean

2010 ~ Emerald Princess

2008 ~ Norwegian Dream
2005 ~ Caribbean Princess
2003 ~ Carnival Imagination
2002 ~ Grand Princess