Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:25 AM
First Mate

Default Princess Dinner Menu

Hey all! I have cruised before, but only with Carnival. I was looking at a sample menu for Princess, who I cruise with in September, and noticed more categories. With Carnival, we have always picked one item from each of the 3 sections (unless we wanted more of something). Is it normal to select one item from each of the 5 on Princess, or are those just alternates? We are not affraid to ask for seconds if we wish, but I don't want to over order if that isn't the idea. Thanks!!

Princess

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Feel free to order one from all 5....Sorry, don't have a sample menu.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 15th, 2011, 05:37 PM
First Mate

We always order 1 or 2 appetizers each, soup, salad & usually 1 main course BUT I'll get a second main course if I'm hungry enough or if I know from past experience what they give you is small in size, like 3 tiny lamb chops. Their vegetables serving size is a joke by anyone's standards & you'll quickly learn to tell them up front to double the portion. Their idea of a serving size of veggies is something like this.

The only problem that I can encounter by asking for a larger portion for a main course is that if I don't particularly like the item or the meat is really tough I sort of force myself to eat it rather than waste it. (like Prime Rib) Usually it' just OK but it can be as tough as leather & they do like to over cook most thinks like that. Even ordering a steak on the rare side, it always comes back medium to well done.
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Talking Ordering

There is no "rule" about what you can, or should, order. Order what you like. I frequently order two appetizers, or both soup and salad. In fact some nights, I will just order salad and then three appetizers to be brought as my main course! Your waiter will be very cooperative. The only thing I have noticed is that these days they are not as generous with offering additional servings on lobster night.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old October 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
First Mate

When your waiter says something isn't that great & tries to steer you towards as certain dish, BELIEVE HIM. They here & see the constant complaints week after week about the same dishes and know from their experience what people rave about & just don't eat.