Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 35 day Singapore-Vancouver cruise

Hi

HELP!

We're planning on a 35 day cruise om Diamond Princess next April/May. While we have enjoyed several 12 day cruises in recent years,we are a bit concerned about spending 35 days on the cruiseship! That's a loooong time on a ship ! Are there lots of activities for mid 60 year olds during sea days ?. Will we get 'cabin fever' or does one settle into a routine?

I would really appreciate the comments of cruisers who have been on longer cruises. Thanks in advance

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

My wife and I are both in our early 60's and tend to gravitate toward the longer itineraries. We've done three cruises of 28 days or more and one 20 day B2B.
Even though we always book inside cabins and also aren't into many of the typical shipboard activities like bingo, trivia contests, scavenger hunts, etc., we have never suffered from cabin fever. We can usually find something to do to amuse ourselves. Of course, I think laying out in a deck chair on the Promenade Deck reading or listening to old time radio programs on my mp3 player while people watching is a fine way to spend an afternoon.

We do tend to fall into somewhat of a routine for evenings. We start the evening with Hors D'Ouvres and a cocktail in the Elite/Platinum Lounge in Skywalkers, then back to the cabin to shower and get dressed for dinner. We prefer late (8:15p) dinner, followed by either a production show in the theater or one of the entertainers performing in the Explorers Lounge.

If you are doing the 35 day Alaska, Far East & China Grand Adventure From Singapore to Vancouver, your itinerary has 16 port calls and a day of scenic cruising in Alaska included. I would imagine there will be plenty of interesting port lectures, etc. to keep you occupied. I don't think you'll be bored.

Enjoy your cruise. That is a fabulous itinerary.

Jim